XY BREAK Starter Pack Discussion (NO BASE SET RERELEASE)

www.polygon.com/2015/12/28/10676936/pokemon-trading-card-game-first-edition-anniversary-rerelease

Elite Fourum edit:

Product listings for this set state that they will be XY series cards. The only “confirmed” reprint at this moment is the Chansey coin. Please take every “leak” or “spoiler” with a grain of salt from non-pokemon sites. By non-pokemon I mean anything aside from the usually pokemon.co.jp or twitter accounts. For the time being, I’ve edited the title to unconfirmed. We can dream, but I wouldn’t take this to heart yet.

No freaking way. Not taking this as fact until someone reliable translates lol.

Hasn’t been reported by Pokebeach, Bulbanews, or anything reputable yet. This site might just have it’s translations wrong. I wouldn’t get too hyped.

1 Like

Blastoise reprint pls

Adding to this:

The site that posted this has it’s translations wrong. There is NO CONFIRMATION of Base Set being reprinted. The site is completely and utterly wrong.

2 Likes

I am hopeful.

Imagine if they reprinted No Rarity base. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2 Likes

With 0 differences from the original. *hyperventilating*

1 Like

It’d be neat if it did happen though. Base, Jungle and Fossil all getting a reprint (that’s all 151 pokes isnt it? )

1 Like

I see a few sites reporting this…if true I feel like it’d be cooler to have a reworked base set with twists on the old designs etc rather than just a reprint!

5 Likes

well said, they might seduce me into buying if theyre adding a twist

1 Like

Interesting

i think they should do a massive set full pokemon now in non holo verison, holo, half art, full art and reverse holo be an amazing set to complete 1000s of cards

Exact reprint of every shining and gold star card… 8D

1 Like

Also amiami has closed down pre-orders for the XY BREAK pre-constructed starter decks which were suppose to include the classic cards with the old coin and all that jazz just an FYI. I’m sure we will see an official update soon on this.

Well they were up for a while… Probably with that article they got more business to fill their orders.

2 Likes

Yeah I swooped up another 6 to my order, totalling 10 so far. I’ll likely triple that if they open them again.

inb4 this is just a theme deck with one boring holo and everyone is wasting their money :]

2 Likes

They linked my Charizard haha. I have had that up on ebay for a few years. When I first listed it, the price of a regular PSA 9 was barely at $500.

A reprint of the Base Set would be fun for sure. If Pokemon could figure out some kind of “inflation” for their HP and attacks so that they would measure up in current decks, that would be sweet. I imagine Hitmonchan would have 170 HP and a Jab doing 60 damage.

3 Likes

How much do they cost?