SM2: Islands Awaiting You/Alola Moonlight + MORE RELEASES

Images of the second Japanese Sun and Moon TCG expansion have now been revealed! Like Collection Sun and Collection Moon, the next expansion will be split up into two smaller sets named Islands Awaiting You and Alola Moonlight. The booster pack images feature Tapu Koko and Lycanroc Midnight Form, though other Pokemon can be seen in the background, such as Jangmo-o and Mimikyu. The release date is currently unknown, but it will likely be sometime in March 2017.

Those set names are pretty awesome.

UPDATE:

Strengthening Expansion Pack, Best Of XY Pack, And Ash VS Team Rocket Deck! AKA Give Us All Your Money 2: Electric Boogaloo

Three new Pokémon TCG products will be coming to Japan on April 19, 2017!

The first is an extension of the Sun and Moon TCG series entitled Strengthening Expansion Pack: Beyond A New Challenge that will correspond with the second Sun and Moon era set, Islands Waiting for You/Moonlight of Alola. As previously reported, a similar Sun and Moon Strengthening Expansion Pack is being released on January 27th. Since it’s still unknown exactly what these Strengthening Expansion Packs will entail, or why there is information censored on the bottom of the dummy pack art, hopefully we will learn more in the coming months. A single pack of the set will retail for „230, and they will also be available in booster boxes of 20 packs.

Additionally on the same date, another “high class” pack will be released: The Best of XY. Based on the title, it may be a reprint set of cards from the XY era. The pack art is only dummy art for now, but features Rayquaza, Yveltal, and Greninja. Booster packs for this set will cost „500, and each booster box contains ten packs. The last product being released in April is a special deck set that will correspond with the anime titled Ash VS Team Rocket. In addition to Ash, Jessie, James, and Pikachu, the box art also features a Togedemaru and Mimikyu. A deck set will cost „1650 and appears to contain two 30 card decks.

I took all these images and descriptions from Pokebeach.

10 Likes

Can’t wait for a Charizard(s) GX.

1 Like

What happened to Jessie’s teeth?

6 Likes

3 Likes

They’re ruining the cards by adding so much CGI/3D ‘art’. :confounded:

Oh well, as long as they don’t do it for the original 251 Pokemon I’m game, I have 0 interest in the newer ones.

The regular GX cards have lots of CGI art, but the art on the normal common/uncommon/rare/holo cards in SM is actually really good.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Also got news of a new collection box that will feature FAs of M Lucario, M Manectric, Zygarde, and Jolteon EX
which most likely means

BEST OF XY WILL FEATURE FULL ART VERSIONS OF POKEMON THAT NEVER GOT FAS BACK IN XY

7 Likes

Please.
Don’t.
Yes.

I hope TPC includes Vaporeon, Moltres Suicune and M Charizard X Full Art cards.

1 Like

suicune ex :sob:

1 Like

I hope that is true, can someone hook a brother up with an a AmiAmi link?

The best of XY sounds like a cool concept!

JOHTO STARTERS

YESSSSSSSSSSS

1 Like

Are we talking every EX in every XY set that didn’t get a full art will be getting one? I’m confused

I don’t think we can say that for sure.

Calling Venusaur & Blastoise Base Set reprints somewhere down the line though.

I actually like Tapu Koko in CGI, for some reason it reminds me of DK64 or Mario Kart lol. Talking about CGI, Who is 5ban graphics? Is it a person or a studio?

I still cannot fathom them not reprinting TWO of the starters. I doubt they’re going to reprint

1 Like

Yes. It looks like Japanese deck EX cards that got thrown into english sets, and Megas from XY2-4 will get FAs. That list is still big even considering the Starters got FAs in Evolutions, so no need to reprint them again, right?

This is the list I came up with. Might be missing one or two.

M Kangaskhan
M Lucario
M Heracross
M Manectric
M Gengar
Aegislash
Audino
M Audino
Zygarde
Jolteon
Vaporeon
Leafeon

As a fellow Blastonian I am not holding my breath for a reprint.

Do you think it could include cards that were released as promos such as (M)salamence and (M)garchomp?

2 Likes