Pokemon Cards Coming to General Mills Cereal

Came across this today:

comicbook.com/gaming/2019/01/19/pokemon-tcg-cards-general-mills-cereal/

Notable points from the article:

The Pokemon Company has announced that Pokemon TCG cards will be included in select boxes of cereal until March 30.
Look for specially marked boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charms, Cocoa Puffs, Trix, and Reeses Peanut Butter Puffs.

These cereals will now include a pack of three Pokemon TCG cards highlighting Pokemon that were originally discovered just in the Kanto region. Each pack contains two common cards and one of four special foil cards of either Pikachu, Eevee, Charmander, or Cubone. If you do your shopping at Walmart, you also have the potential to cop an extra foil card for Bulbasaur.
There are a total of 13 collectible cards in all.

I’ll pick up a few boxes and especially want to get that Bulbasaur foil. It doesn’t specify, but I’d imagine these are all promos and not just S&M cards.

Anyone else looking forward to this?

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to it:)

1 Like

Seems interesting! Unless one of them becomes a chase card I’ll probably just order the singles of the arts I like. Disappointed that the left out squirtle, the best starter, but cubone is here? Blegh

I read this article earlier in the week and stopped by Walmart on Wednesday night and I didn’t see the boxes as the cereal isle was being stocked at that exact moment. Plan to go back this upcoming week. Has anyone seen them in stock yet? Also, not sure if anyone knows, but with the exception of the Walmart Exclusive, will the cards be promos that are released through other mediums? tins, boxes, etc.?

Nice, I will check this out tomorrow :grin:

Just a little bit of childhood obesity to go along with a healthy pokemon collecting habit.

4 Likes

Last time I bought about 20 boxes of cereal for the promos. Sold a single PSA 10 pikachu to pay for all the cereal. Time to see if Wal mart will give me a better deal on a pallet or two. I’m sure a local shelter could take all the bagged cereal.

10 Likes

Yay so excited!!

Wouldn’t be surprised if Eevee is the “chase card” for this – the McDonald’s and alternate promos are both around $8, because it’s currently the most playable Eevee in the format

1 Like

I jumped with joy when I read this news. NEW BULBASAUR CARD!!! I just hope it’s not again a reprint of the Shining Legends variant, because I haven’t seen any images yet ^^;

I wonder if some people haven’t even eaten all the last cereal when they bought everything they could find in supermarkets for the cards, lol. :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Would anybody have any tips of the best way to go about purchasing these from Australia? Any non-US people buy their favourite snacks from a particular online store?

Thanks!

Dose anyone know if these will be available in canada? The link doesn’t say

Have any of you seen them yet? None at my local Walmart locations but I don’t know if they sold out quickly or aren’t in stock yet

1 Like

I went grocery shopping this weekend and didn’t see them yet. They were announced on Pokemon’s official Twitter, so I’d expect to see them arriving to stores shortly.

External Media

Official Announcement:
www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/breakfast-with-the-pokemon-tcg

I found my first seven at a Walmart middle of last week. :blush: Definitely the best pack artwork on them so far!

https://instagram.com/p/Bs3f_X6g7gx

3 Likes

Just… why Cubone?! I can understand Eevee, since it’s Nintendo secondary (and yet unnecessary) Pokemon mascot, but they could’ve easily fitted all 3 Kanto starters, Pikachu and Eevee on pack. And just, why Cubone?! Did I miss something and he became the fan favourite overnight?

@e2d2 is hurt you’d even have to ask tbh

5 Likes

Cubone has suffered greatly at the hands of its creator, just look at all the depressing artwork. Hopefully this is their first step towards making things right with our little orphan friend.

1 Like

www.pokebeach.com/2019/01/promos-from-general-mill-cereal-revealed*NEW POKEMON CARDS IN CEREAL!* Opening ALL Booster Packs AT TARGET STORE! - YouTube

Typical English promo’s. Just another batch of reprints!
The four holos use the same holofoil as previous cereal promotions. As mentioned in our original news story, a fifth Bulbasaur holo is also available in cereals from Walmart stores: it’s the Bulbasaur from Shining Legends.

The other cards are direct prints of Kangaskhan from Dragon Majesty, Horsea from Dragon Majesty, Bellsprout from Celestial Storm, Magnemite from Forbidden Light, Lickitung from Ultra Prism, Electabuzz from Ultra Prism, Magmar from Ultra Prism, and Gastly from Crimson Invasion. They have no difference from their in-set counterparts, meaning the holos are the only cards worth getting if you’re a collector.