New Pokemon Stamp Full art Promos

www.pokebeach.com/2021/05/pokemon-postal-stamp-box-releasing-contains-unique-full-art-promos-and-tcg-stamps

The stamps are super nostalgic and the promos are gorgeous! 80,000 boxes seems…generous? Wonder what prices these will land at.

30 Likes

Biggest “I must have these cards at all cost” vibes I’ve felt since the Munch promos. These would display so, so nicely with those.

18 Likes

I like that they have advertised how many they are going to print (80,000) , and the fact they may also print more.

Anyone know if this is standard or a new thing they have done? Did they announce how many Munch or Mario? (I wasn’t collecting at the time).

80,000 sounds like a lot to me but hopefully means it is more accessible!

2 Likes

I absolutely love these! Seems like on the Japanese promo side they’re really starting to be aware of the value of incorporating traditional art styles.

Just to echo the points above, 80,000 seems like a decent number, and the suggestion there may be more based on demand is encouraging. I know I will definitely be picking these up regardless, and I’m sure I’m not alone in that boat; the demand will definitely be there.

2 Likes

Que the Autobots - probably bought them all already.

Due to the fact this is from the post office, reckon it will be collection in person only and limited?

I understand that makes it difficult for us folk not living in Japan, but I’d prefer to buy on the secondary market if I knew that person only managed to get a few (with family members etc) rather that someone I know who has 100+

My house is literally across the street from the post office, and I’m in there every other day, waiting in the long, slow, barely socially distanced lines.

This will be one line I won’t mind waiting in. :blush:

19 Likes

80k is a good number. The masaki promos are 20-30k. This is the first promo I actually want to buy this year!!!

3 Likes

4 Likes

80k won’t be enough…but man what beautiful cards!!! Definitely Munch vibes!

7 Likes

I’m going to order these for sure! at least one to keep sealed, one for the binder and one to grade

i’m hyped already!

1 Like

This is what its all about.

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I am in LOVE with these cards! I love this sort of classical Japanese art and these cards really do a great job in capturing that style with a modern anime aesthetic. I need as many as possible.

1 Like

Dang Japan gets all the cool stuff. What a great idea

I realize the cards are based on actual ukiyo-e prints, but the size and position of the girl’s hand is very strange. It’s kind of hard to unsee :rofl:

7 Likes

Yes. I will absolutely overpay for these. Extremely gorgeous cards.

2 Likes

Shut up and take my money.

2 Likes

I thought it looked really weird too at first. I thought she was facing to the right and holding Pikachu on her back, then I realized she’s facing left left while looking behind her lol Her hand still looks kind of strange but not quite as strange as I thought initially

• Magikarp Card & Flag Cameo

• Lapras and Ocean

• Gyarados

That aside and in all seriousness. This is absolutely beautiful. I love the Cramorant especially but all of the stamps look wonderful. The fact that they made stamp styles into TCG promos is so exciting!

To me, with all the things Pokemon is doing right now, it reminds me of how they were in the late 90’s and early 2000’s but with a TCG twist. I hope they do more promotions like this. And with product numbers, it means a lot of people will get the chance to get this. :blush:

5 Likes

Can’t wait for these, They look so good! No surprise that they are both illustrated by Mitsuhiro Arita :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Love the artwork on these cards!