It was real: Halloween Miniset announced: Trick or Trade

UPDATE 26/07/2022: It is real, Pokemon Company just announced it

Hi there! I just saw a few accounts on Twitter and Instagram sharing a pictures from a set called Trick or Trade. Maybe it’s a fake, but who knows! Apparently it will have 3 cards per booster pack with reprints from previous expansions, like this Mewtwo finally in holo foil (not holo reverse) with the Pikachu stamp. So… what do you guys think, real or fake? if this is real, do you like the idea?

5 Likes

Cute concept, is be pleasantly surprised if they are real cards. :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

It seems a bit too elaborate to be a hoax. Also pretty underwhelming… the English TCG promo trademark approach

11 Likes

The name gives me a good laugh. If real I hope they do more than just reprints!

Cool idea…imagine getting Pokémon cards from your neighbors instead of candy as a kid on Halloween? That would be pretty sweet.

6 Likes

I like it. I enjoy new variants of cards like making them holo for the first time with a unique release like this.

Seems real based off the pictures.

The most succinct summary of English promos.

1 Like

my uncle works at nintendo he says its real

2 Likes

With Pikachu & Gengar on the pack and this being released ‘within 2 to 3 months’ (which will be around October):

Who knows :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

The thing that makes me feel It could be real it’s the holo pattern for the Mewtwo, it’s so well done, the lightning in the two pictures are different and the holo reacts as such… but its maybe the fourth time this year that they release the same artwork, so… i dont know haha

1 Like

Calling fake right now. screenshot this

1 Like

If it’s real I think it’s a really cool. It would be nice if they did an entire set focused on Ghost and/or poison type Pokémon. Similar to phantom forces but maybe more focused on Halloween themes and smaller in size.

1 Like

Hmm, there is a guy sharing some extra info on Twitter

Bigger picture from the McDonalds promo

I think this are the four cards from the picture, if im not wrong.

4 Likes

My birthday is the 9th. Guess I know where I’m going…

2 Likes

Looks pretty legit to me.

1 Like

I could definitely see it being a cereal box insert. But they usually have that extra clear plastic wrap around those packs right? The pumpkin Pikachu logo is cool. The look of Gengar on the pack art is the main thing that looks “fake-ish” to me. But maybe they wanted him to look less scary for younger kids. :man_shrugging:

if they had only shown the pack art I would’ve said fake, but it makes sense if it’s going to come in cereal boxes

I love that mewtwo and I love the pikachu pumpkin stamp

Yeah the cereal box product makes sense. Just like the General Mills. My biggest complaint is the damn logo once again. Makes the card look branded and takes away from the art.

I have a special sort of love for stamped promo cards (and just stamped cards in general), and the pumpkin pikachu is adorable.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were real, but I wouldn’t necessarily be surprised if they were fake either. That being said, if they’re fakes, they’re pretty good ones at that. The pack art looks a little more cartoony than the usual, but it’s similar to other promotional packs (first partner, McDonald’s promos, black/white samples, etc), so not unbelievable. Only time will tell I suppose!

If those are fake, they are the best fakes I’ve ever seen lol

1 Like