It was real: Halloween Miniset announced: Trick or Trade

I don’t see any reason why these would be fake. Putting a stamp like that on existing cards is something TPCi would defintely do; lately we have a lot of stolen/leaked English products months ahead, so why would this one be any different; and although I agree the pack might seem suspicious without the cards, everything does check out with actual TCG booster packs.

Either way, I do like the stamp. Let’s hope there is a Pikachu in the set, or better yet: a Seviper. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

Very cool, especially making the Pikachu symbol into a jack-o’-lantern. Don’t think these are fake at all.

Lol, I really hope that this is fake. It looks to be high quality cards which has me concerned that it is real since overall this would be a very low-effort set. All reprints with only the addition of a stamp is pretty weak…

Although it would make sense (having trouble quoting the post, but it is from @Caith_Sith with a screenshot from Twitter) if it was a McDonald’s or Kellogg’s promo collab.

My guess:
70% McD’s or Kellogg’s promos
20% fake
10% stand-alone set.

I like this as long as it’s just meant to be a small promotion. I first got into Pokemon from a Burger King promotion, so I can attest to small advertisements like this working. Maybe they’ll come with a bag of candy or something that’s made easy to obtain in bulk to hand out to kids. It can always spark that collecting flame for someone new :slightly_smiling_face: I would go into this with the mindset of advertising such as a McDonalds reprinted art rather than Pokemon treating us with a holiday collector set.

Chronic fence-sitter: If it’s real, I might get a pack because, Gengar. No thing could make me pop-into McD’s tho…
If it’s fake, it won’t make a difference.

I’m not making a decision either way… heh

1 Like

Legit!

3 Likes

2 Likes

I have the usual complaint of reprint art for these types of releases in English, but I think they deserve credit for thinking of a way to have cards given out for Halloween. 6/10.

Edit: I guess we don’t know if it’s all reprint art, but I’m assuming.

Much like actual Halloween candy, I want to buy several bags of these just for myself.

6 Likes

Ooo spooky fun

1 Like

A unique Trick or Treat Promo Pikachu would make me act up… otherwise I haven’t heard anything about uniques in this set yet.

McDonalds promo was also real, there is even a card list for the set already! Source https://www.pokebeach.com/2022/07/mcdonalds-pokemon-tcg-promotion-begins-next-month-full-card-list

1. Ledyba
  2. Rowlet
  3. Gossifleur
  4. Growlithe
  5. Victini
  6. Lapras
  7. Pikachu
  8. Chinchou
  9. Flaaffy
  10. Tynamo
  11. Cutiefly
  12. Bewear
  13. Pangoro
  14. Drampa
  15. Smeargle

There you go :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

“Reprints of 15 cards going back as far as 2021”

2 Likes

I really like this, not just a cute idea but also a pretty clever way for TPCi to reach a whole new bunch of kids who might not have started collecting yet. Consumers doing their work for them! Well, the 0.01% of consumers who will actually give them out as intended :joy::eyes:

Iconic English promo vibes

2 Likes

English Pokemon: “Did I stutter?!” :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Pumpkaboo reprint confirmed :sunglasses: now they just need to reveal Dusclops as well…:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

TPCi, indignantly: “The art on the packaging is new.”

2 Likes

Hahaha I’ll take the L

3 Likes