Pokemon Bank 3DS Question

I have a noob question, for a friend :wink:

If you bought a heart gold game, and want to move the pokemon from the current file to the bank, are you able to restart a new save file and move the pokemon back to the game?

1 Like

No. You can’t move Pokemon back to the original game if you move them to a newer generation game or to Bank. At the moment you can move Pokemon from Bank only to Sun & Moon and soon obviously to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Yes, you can. Some sources say you must have the Pokedex first though.

Edit: Misread question. Like Xzini said, you can trade up but you cannot trade back down.

Here’s the table to see what you can and cannot do with the pokebank:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick replies! Looks like I am wiping the previous save file. I feel terrible as this person caught literally everything. :confounded:

1 Like

Always glad to help (Xzini clarified it though haha, I almost gave false information) :blush:

Don’t be, make the game your own adventure and have fun! You will be wasting hours transferring the Pokemon back and forth anyways even if it was doable. Why spend that time doing that when you can immediately start off your adventure :stuck_out_tongue:

This is how you Pokemon! I appreciate the advice. :blush:

1 Like

Always a pleasure! :grin:

For the few really nice pokemon, you could always trade them to a second game from the same era and then trade them back.

But… you’d need a second DS as well as the second game cartridge.

1 Like

yes it should work