Pokémon 2019 World Championship Trading Thread

Pokémon 2019 world Championships trading thread

Credit to jewelking for helping with the idea!

Hey! I am getting super excited for the 2019 world championship! I had the idea of making a trading thread before worlds so people can post what the are hoping to trade for at worlds and this allows members to communicate on what they will be bringing so that way everyone gets the stuff they are looking for!

I would say for a general rule of thumb I wouldn’t start discussing exact trades on this thread just only just posting what your goals are and what you plan to bring.

To keep things organized please use a format as follows

Example:
——————————————————-
Items I am bringing to trade:

Japanese singles, WOTC singles, miscellaneous sealed product, miscellaneous Pokémon products ( deck boxes/sleeves/lanyards/play-mats
Low-mid tier trophy cards

What I am hoping to trade for:

Ex series, D&P, Platinum sealed Merchandise
Pop series 1-9 foil cards
Other blister/product exclusive promos
Any trophy cards/ low and high end

——————————————————-

If you want more specifics on exactly what the person is bringing/wanting please private message them. However please do not spam or harass anyone about information they don’t want to share.

Only participate in the thread if you are comfortable having people know what you are bringing.

Have fun! Happy trading! Let’s get hype for the best worlds yet!

9 Likes

I’ll be bringing Japanese and English singles and I’m hoping to trade for Japanese singles on my wants thread list (mostly vs, e series, and web).

bringing to trade:
Sampling packs
Sealed promos
(mostly commons)
100+ holos/reverses from gen 3 and gen 4

hoping to trade for:
Sealed promos,
Specifically in the unlikely case someone has one,
2004 tropical wind spectator promo sealed pack

Great thread idea!

3 Likes

I will be bringing to trade:

PSA 10 Japanese ex series ex cards and delta holos
Lots of ungraded cards, especially from the Japanese ex series, including some relatively hard to find promos
The usual assortment of modern EX/GX cards I’ve pulled from packs

I am looking to trade or purchase:

PSA 10 English ex cards
EX era posters
PSA 10 BW/XY Full Arts
Mint ex cards and holos from the ex series (English or Japanese, if you don’t want to take the risk grading)

I’ll also be bringing some of my personal collection just to show off :blush:

1 Like

Where we have several topics relating to Worlds across several of the subforums here, would it be worth creating a dedicated Worlds subforum for such posts?

I don’t mean to sound blunt, I think these threads are very valuable to the community, however they only affect a select number of members here and a lot of us probably aren’t all that interested in spectating these discussions.

@pichufan Creating a temporary sub forum seems a bit overkill for the 2-3 worlds threads that exist, I think those of us not going can deal with a few extra threads for a couple of weeks :blush:
If they bother anyone just mark them as read forever

For me, the best part about trading at Worlds has always been trading with the Japanese! They always bring a bunch of recent Pokémon Center merchandise, but they may cut back with the restrictions on suitcases and backpack sizes. I’d expect a slight uptick in graded cards from them since PSA opened a location there, but still slight. The good from that is the graded cards we bring will be more appealing now.

Don’t underestimate bringing just a good old trade portfolio (not a 3-ring binder if you can help it!) because that will be your bread and butter the whole weekend. Stock it with some variety and don’t skimp on valuables in case you come across something someone else has that you want. My strategy has always been to be mobile with my binders and ask as many people as I can if they want to trade, and just see what comes up.

Worlds is THE trading event of the year and it is a blast! However, be aware that buying and selling is generally prohibited at Pokémon events (there will usually be signs) and security watches the trading area for cash. If you’re caught you’ll be ejected, so make arrangements like that outside the venue!

1 Like

I’m looking to collect NameTags like the one below.

3 Likes

What I’ll have for trade:

• Topps Series one and two sealed booster boxes.
  • PSA 10 Shadowless booster pack (charizard art)
  • Misc PSA 10 WOTC holos
  • Misc PSA 9’s from BW era (holos, half arts, full arts etc)
  • A collector Zard or two
  • CardCasePro sleeves, complete with anti UV inserts.
  • Slabs I’ve burned/boiled/thrown in an oven/subjected to tons of humidity
  • TRANSFORMER by fireking supplemental fire protection for safes (no shipping cost, so big deal here)
  • Various JUMBO PSA graded cards

What I’m looking for:

• PSA 10 Evolutions cards
  • Additional testing slabs (cards you don’t want)

Things I would love to share:

• Sealed booster box of Evolutions (open it with me!)
  • Two complete sets of Topps series 1-3. (fun to look at)
  • Some of my 1st edition base set cards

I noticed in CT the most fun I had was sharing openings and watching others open what they had. I imagine it would be the same deal in DC.

1 Like

I was actually JUST ABOUT to open a couple Evolutions Booster Boxes! Haha

If you’re interested in opening a couple with me at Worlds; I’d definitely hold-off on opening until then. It’s always more fun to open Booster Boxes with someone else! I’d definitely be interested in selling / trading anything we pulled as I’m just opening to have some more stuff to list within my eBay Store!

And, I’ll definitely bring a couple cheap PSA Cards that I really cannot re-sell - donate to the cause of experimenting!

Absolutely! Would love to do so!

1 Like

I just recently purchased a HUGE Collection of EX Series: EX Cards, Secret Rare Cards, and Gold Star Cards! I’m planning to bring majority of that stuff with me - definitely be down to do some trades!!! If you’re interested in getting a sneak-peak, I actually just created a YouTube Channel with a Video showing-off the collection…

Start-Off at the 3 Min. Mark :blush:

1 Like

Nice work brother…

1 Like

That’s something I’d also avoid while being watched :eyes: But definitely helpful!

That doesn’t seem to be an option on mobile, unfortunately. I do seem to be able to share the thread on MySpace though - I wonder if that still works. :grin:

1 Like

Holy…bring it all man!!! My jaw dropped at that video.

1 Like

@oldskoolpokemon wow! Amazing pickup. Just watched the video all the way through and couldnt help but be impressed with all those beautiful gold stars! You earned my subscription lol. I wish you luck with those you’ll be grading, sucks that the rayquaza and charizard had some condition issues. Nevertheless, some very cool cards.

1 Like

THANK YOU!!!

I was SO PUMPED with this Pick-Up!!! The 3-4 Days it took to mail collection from West Coast to East Coast may have been the longest 3-4 Days of my life! I was constantly refreshing Tracking Info. - anxiously awaiting UPS Guy to show-up at my house! LOL

2 Likes

Capture card?
There will be Melee.