Poké Post campaign

Pokémon just unveiled a campaign in the UK, France and Germany where you get a promo card at physical locations and can mail another one to a friend (you’ll get either Pikachu or Eevee and your friend the other one). I think it’s a really nice idea, but can unfortunately already hear the scalpers coming.

Further information: Pokémon Poké Post

Full views of the cards with todays press release:

18 Likes

Further info to clarify here for those who don’t want to go to the article, the promos feature a “Pokemon Together” stamp on the bottom left of the card art, and will be released in all 3 languages it seems (English, French, German)

I’d assume that they’ll want your address + the address to send to in order to avoid folks sending the card to themselves, so if you plan to go / have someone else go for you be sure to prep for that ahead of time.

The cards can only be sent within the region of the post, so you can’t send a card from the UK to a US address etc.

Eevee version, oops:

16 Likes

This is so cool! I would be fun if they did this in the US as well! :snowman:

9 Likes

Hearing the sentence that way around as a European is kinda unusual when it comes to Pokémon, not gonna lie.

9 Likes

Those are simple but beautiful illustrations, are these arts found elsewhere?

1 Like

The event is run by a UK marketing agency (We Are Collider LTD) so I think the chance it makes it to other continents is probably not that high.

I love the idea, it’s super cute.
But seeing how you can only receive the English language promos at three locations in the UK which are only open for a single day each makes me fear this will turn into one big mess.

2 Likes

Agreed

These are the 151 arts with a new stamp

3 Likes

Awesome, shame the London one is so far away! Will keep this updated when I go and hope for the best but expect the worse haha

Van Gogh :x:
Chinese Alola Friends and Galar Friends :x:

Third strike and I’ll leave the hobby be really upset

2 Likes

Also from their “how” page:

To enter, participants must visit a visit a Poké Post activation, add the name and postal address of the recipient to the envelope provided and post the envelope containing the Pokémon Trading Card Game gift into the post box located onsite at the activation. Participants may only take part in this Poké Post promotion once. Participants are unable to post from alternative locations.

Daily giveaways limited and are at the discretion of the Promoter, while stocks last.

Seems that they may not require your address to ship (i.e. you could send it to yourself potentially) but they do specifically state that you can’t participate at multiple locations. Not sure how they’d enforce that, but worth noting.

And of course… “while supplies last” - who knows what kind of volume that indicates.

2 Likes

10am -7.30pm seems like a massive window. It’s one day only and an in person event. Unless you live there you have to arrange travel which for a weekday might make things difficult. Will see how the first few locations go, will be a good indication for the event I can attend. Hopefully it’s okay, cold time of year to camp out overnight on the bank of the Thames haha

Wonder how expensive these’ll be on the market. Really wish we got these in the US, but cool that the UK gets a nice thing going besides the Pokémon on the Ball cards.

‘Mainland UK’ includes Northern Ireland… but there’ll be no pokepost office in Northern Ireland. Oh well!

1 Like

Will see if a brother can go, but he’ll not be up for fighting scalpers.

It’s interesting, I do wonder how strict they’ll be on addressing when sending too. The site specifically says that members of a particular region can only send to that region, i.e.:

e. Visitors attending UK locations can send a gift to recipients based in mainland UK or the Isle of Man. This excludes Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark and Herm.
f. Visitors attending France locations can send a gift to recipients based in Metropolitan France.
g. Visitors attending our Germany locations can send a gift to recipients based in domestic Germany.

2 Likes

Starting to think Pikachu and Eevee are becoming the top 2 mascots ever since the Let’s Go game releases. A lot of merchandise features these 2 species together.

Cute idea but you can already see the obvious coming from it

Cute idea that kinda harks back to the older Japanese trade-based promotions (Trade Please, Masaki etc.).
I reckon the cards are simple and under-the-radar enough to avoid the sort of chaos we saw at the Van Gogh museum; fingers crossed!

3 Likes

I hope this won’t be mainstream. It is recycled artwork with a stamp so I’d like to think it will be a chill event.

2 Likes

Amazing idea but the time/locations are not even close to enough (maybe that’s impossible anyway). If they want to keep it limited, in an ideal world it will be like Santa’s Grotto where kids can go and spend a couple of minutes and send a card to their friends. 10/10 concept though.

1 Like