Overcharging for shipping

So I just bought three blister packs of EX hidden legends from a seller and I was charged 10USD for shipping.
I’m thinking to myself; “hm okay probably just a bit high so it can protect my total 80 dollar items”.
The blisters arrive today… IN A PRIORITY MAIL FLAT RATE SMALL BOX THAT COSTS 7.50USD TO SHIP

areyoukiddingme.gif

Its okay, maybe its wrapped in bubble wrap so its protected.
I lift up the package and its LIGHT… AND IT RATTLES LIKE A PICK THAT FELL INTO A GUITAR

The seller sent me 80 dollars worth of items in a small box filled with peanut fillers and charged me 10 bucks… swell

Ugh I feel like I got robbed… What should I do?

I already left a feedback on with a positive rating but downgraded him/ her on the shipping aspect.

Wait, if the shipping is 7.50$ already, it means that the seller spent roughly $2.50 on the box and the peanut fillers, which is pretty reasonable…

I mean worse case he robbed you of 1$?

7 Likes

That $10 has eBay and PayPal fees subtracted from it too so the seller really only had like $8.70 ish. Plus packing plus driving to post office…not really that big of a rip off.

4 Likes

Shipping, shipping supplies, AND handling fee. Not a rip off at all.

4 Likes

Now that I calmly think about it its probably true

2 Likes

Despite the actual cost of product that get the item to you as mentioned already, people tend to forget that peoples time is valuable also. Taking the time to maybe research a little, list it and prepare everything costs money calculated as time too and from personal experience the overall income an individual makes for their “efforts” from a sale is peanuts* compared to a regular 9-5 job.

*Pun not intended

It is better to raise your prices and have free shipping, than it is to have cheap prices and charge for shipping.

1 Like

If you think $10 is robbery I recommend never moving out of the US lol

10 Likes

^ This indeed. I wish everything was 10 USD or less… I sometimes have to pay 20 or even 30 USD shipping, and then I usually get 30-50 USD as additional import fee on arrival in some cases. (Usually it’s 5 USD shipping without import, though. And for these expensive shipping fees from the US I use a middleman that charges 1.50 USD for letters and 13.50 USD for small packages these days, which is a lot better than the 20-25 USD shipping I would have to pay if I buy them myself. :blush: ).

As for the worst I had so far was (from Japan): middleman fees or around 100 USD + 25 USD shipping + 350 USD import fees on arrival… As if the item of 1,450 USD wasn’t expensive enough already… :unamused:

Besides, three blisters most likely requires package-postage, so even if my neighbor would send it domestic, it would already cost around 8 USD for me. I’d imagine it’s the same for packages within the US? EDIT: Ah, I see you mention it’s 7.50 USD in your post.
Ah, the times I also worried about a few USD. Sometimes I really miss those days. :stuck_out_tongue:

Greetz,
Quuador

is this post a joke

7 Likes

There is only one rip-off from shipments out of the US: GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM

2 Likes

Write your congressman

4 Likes

Stop focusing on what you pay for certain parts of your purchase and just look at it the only rational way. WHAT DID YOU PAY IN TOTAL TO GET THE PRODUCT TO YOUR DOOR? If you are happy with that then pay it. If not then don’t. These gripes about high shipping fees, high GSP fees are all just asinine and just make those complaining about them sound like babies. Pay it or don’t pay it.

To demonstrate how ridiculous this concept is… Do you go around feeling bad all day for the sellers who YOU ripped off by paying “free shipping”? I mean you totally screwed them out of all the postage cost. You are basically a thief anytime you buy something with free shipping as there are actual costs incurred to the seller and you are straight robbing them blind by not covering it yourself.

Sounds like OP may have a gripe about the actual way in which it was packaged which is a different story. Poor packaging is poor packaging but that is an aside from what it seems like OP is actually more mad about. But complaining about paying $10 shipping on a $70 purchase is just dumb. $80 with free shipping, $0.01 with $79.99 shipping, $70 with $10 shipping it is all the same. You knew what you were paying overall when you checked out. People just love victimizing themselves and/or feeling offended over nothing these days.

4 Likes

Hahahaha

I was expecting some crazy amount($100+). Seriously… and the fact he states the actual shipping cost was $7.50. I’m sure if you’re desperate enough, that seller will refund you $2-2.50 if you feel you were overcharged that much. $10 is chump change for shipping for most of us buyers.

There are however sellers that charge like $10+ extra than their actual cost and I let them know it’s outrageous. I usually never buy from them again unless they charge me the actual cost, give or take a couple bucks.

1 Like

$1 is not ok.
$0.99 is ok.

Something like that?

2 Likes

I understand your frustration to a degree; my only gripe with high shipping fees is when they are used as click bait to make a listing appear to be a good deal. It is a nuisance but not the worst thing. Honestly, I have begun to appreciate how affordable it is to ship trading cards! An antique dealer I met has to pay a about a hundred dollars to ship some items. Or high end turntables and receivers, which are expensive for both weight and how delicate they are!

1 Like

Wasn’t the $10 shipping cost advertised on the listing? So you’re complaining about a cost that you agreed to when you purchased the listing. It’s not really up to you to choose how the seller utilizes the funds he charges. You agreed to the $10 shipping charge, it was part of the agreement of sale.

It’s a shame it was packed poorly, that’s definitely something to bring up with the seller.

2 Likes

Ditto all replies especially the above.

I couldn’t care less what a seller charges for shipping or handling or whatever. I wouldn’t even care if they went through gsp. I just add it up and if it’s what I want to pay I’ll take it. If it’s too much, then I don’t.

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies,

I think my anger was meant for how the blisters that I ordered were packed rather than the shipping fee.
None the less, I got some good insight on shipping fees.

5 Likes

There you go:)

And you’re right about that packing. Fragile blisters banging away inside a box is ridiculous.

1 Like