Original ex card tier list

Since there was some interest in the other ex price thread, I figured I would make a tier list for all the ex’s.

There are quite a few so feel free to leave some out if you just think they are F tier.

Excited to see where everyone ranks them!

tiermaker.com/create/pokemon-ex-cards-tier-list-863307

8 Likes

Here’s mine to start. Any card left off I felt was below D tier. This was just my gut feeling and would probably change if I really sat down to look at each card.

4 Likes

Thank you for making this thread and the tierlist! Some tough choices. I’m generally a much bigger fan of early EX Series, but I will say that I really love a lot of the later EX Series exs – namely LM Flygon and DF Latias. Those two are just exceptional.

4 Likes

I included Lugia in mine lol. I love the Pokemon, but I’m honestly not that big a fan of the ex. It’s fine, but it’s just middle-of-the-road for me.

Zorloth D listing Gyarados?

; (

I love the Pokemon, but not the ex lol

5 Likes

5 Likes

Great post idea. I can see why this would be a polarizing collection but they’re some of my most nostalgic cards. Here’s mine!

2 Likes

Here’s mine (sorted in chronological set order)! Like @zorloth , I have a big preference for early exes. Not a fan of most delta species ones.

There are some pretty consistent top picks throughout all of our lists, like Arcanine ex, Milotic ex, Celebi ex UF, Espeon/Umbreon ex, etc.

Overall, I’d say my favorite sets (solely judging based on their ex cards) would be ex Dragon, ex Team Magma vs. Team Aqua, ex Unseen Forces, and ex Deoxys/ex Sandstorm. Least favorite would be ex Crystal Guardians and ex Power Keepers. I also think the art for most of the ex Team Rocket Returns exes is super overrated.

5 Likes

It’s a crime to make a list like this without including the play promo mew and ho-oh as an option, both are s+ tier

7 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks this artwork is super under-appreciated?

3 Likes

8 Likes

This was tough but fun to do! I’d have to say my favorite ex (in terms of artwork) is the Arcanine, and my least favorite is the Crystal Guardians Blaziken

5 Likes

Based on people’s responses, I’ve come up with a list of all the exs in order of ‘popularity.’ I weighted each response from 1-8, with F-tier being 1 and S±tier being 8. For the ones that Pbali intentionally excluded from his submission, I assigned a 1.5 because he said they were sub-D. Without further ado:

Top 10 exs:

1. MA Suicune ex (7.25 avg)
  2. DR Dragonite ex (7 avg)
  3. UF Celebi ex (6.75 avg)
  4. UF Lugia ex (6.63 avg)
  5. UF Umbreon ex (6.63 avg)
  6. UF Espeon ex (6.5 avg)
  7. EM Milotic ex (6.5 avg)
  8. LM Arcanine ex (6.38 avg)
  9. LM Flygon ex (6.25 avg)
  10. SS Raichu ex (6.13 avg)

Bottom 10 exs:

1. CG Exploud ex (2.06 avg)
  2. UF Typhlosion ex (2.06 avg)
  3. CG Blaziken ex (2.69 avg)
  4. CG Shiftry ex (2.81 avg)
  5. RG Mr. Mime ex #110 (2.81 avg)
  6. RG Mr. Mime ex #111 (2.81 avg)
  7. PK Walrein ex (2.81 avg)
  8. RS Magmar ex (2.81 avg)
  9. EM Medicham ex (2.94 avg)
  10. DF Kingdra ex (3.06 avg)
  11. PK Skarmory ex (3.06 avg)
  12. DR Golem ex (3.06 avg)

If more people respond with their tierlists, I can of course update the rankings!

2 Likes

This is what I posted on discord earlier

1 Like

@nish , LOL

I’m assuming this was meant to only be semi-ironic? I actually like that Banette quite a bit.

@zorloth, ye. I’m not the biggest fan of ex’s but not THAT bad lmao

Here’s mine

2 Likes

the unabashed Koike disrespect in this thread is unacceptable lmao

2 Likes