Original ex card tier list

The Sandstorm Raichu is one of the few Raichu cards displaying it properly.

A fat, dangerous, pissed off rodent ready to crush you. Not some softass plush discount Pika.

You see it, you look into those dead eyes and you know it’s all over because you hear this sound:

1 Like

Get your soy latte’s out for this scroll and watch the consistency in quality slowly dilute.
Ninetales is GigaStacy. Those eyes.

ex’es for a long time had it rough not only because of a yearning for shifted gen art styles but also because Yu-Gi-Oh was guns blazing, making them kind of a big deal. The best are the obscure poses of Stadium reminiscent 3D models in extreme, chiaroscuro lighting with all-out cosmos infiltrated borders.

The Ttar is Nightmare fuel and I have grown to appreciate the Manga style one exactly for that reason of being the opposite needle in the cg-haystack.

Being Pokémon’s divorce, foundation and independence into an experimental take to a new path really divided into two sides and people say this era is underrated? Well, WOTC has to contend to this? Think about that for a moment. There is a good sized ratio to like from this era, however with WOTC if it wasn’t all it was damn near close to it. The ex really dropped the ball when the epic, thicc cosmos boarders kept trimming after the gorgeous borders on the original Ruby/Sapphire era to gen 3 before Fr. Lg & Emerald. It also didn’t help that many debuts for newer 'mons had their design first presented in this style.

I get the clever use of introducing Delta for canon and the concept of concluding generation new mechanic but every ex at that point would be redundant in their own sets compared to the holos and Gold stars at the time.

2 Likes

LM Armaldo is a tough one, it’s been irking me since I made my post how I placed it so low. The illustration is 10/10 for me, typical Masago perfection, and the background is dope as well, no doubt about that.

But the color on the galaxy foil interferes with the colors of the pink sky to the point where it takes away from the eye appeal to me. It has a tendency to become too much with the pink compounded with reds and greens from the foil. But it varies so much between each copy! I feel a more correct, personal assessment is in the B-tier if not A-tier. It’s a great card, as most other Masago’s.

1 Like

Armaldo is an underrated 'mon and the best, most clever fossil design to rule them all. Either way for this thread to be an excuse straw to talk about Armaldo & Kimiya Masago is a win-won.

1 Like

finally got around to doing this lmao

1 Like