Opinions price ceiling of psa 10 1st edition shadowless Char

I would be surprised if this card was less than 200k within a 15 year time frame

Thoughts?

10 Mil minimum

8 Likes

Obviously any answer is pure speculation but 150k sounds about right for 15 years.

Is that the floor of the ceiling?

2 Likes

Basement

3 Likes

if the card grows compounded for the next 15 years at 15%/year, it will be at 200k.
if the card grows compounded for the next 15 years at 20%/year, it will be at 385k.

nobody knows for sure…

i am confident charizard has a good shot at reaching 100-150k in the next 5-10 years. Look at the Black Lotus.

1 Like

Why don’t you peeps think you’ll outgrow Pokémon by then, like y’all did in 2000-2001?

1 Like

Because we’re not kids anymore, we’re done growing…

9 Likes

BOOM!

2 Likes

I hope not…

PSA 10 1st Ed Charizard (not BGS) will never break 50k. Quote me.

I honestly doubt there will ever be another significant jump like we saw in 2017.

5 Likes

While I think it has a decent shot at $100k, I wouldn’t be surprised if it hit a ceiling of $50k. I expect slow growth tbh. $30-40k in the next few years is pretty much guaranteed, but anything beyond that is just highly speculative. 15 years is a long time.

There is no way interest in these vintage cards is near its peak, and spending power will only rise for the average collector. Also once these hit a certain point I feel huge money will not be able to ignore certain cards as a store of value or vanity hold. Im talking ultra rich 50 mil plus net worth individuals who might enter the market down the line driving the prices buko.

Like its always said collect what you like and can afford and hope one day nouveau rich multi multi millionaires begin to compete for what you bought years ago.

1 Like

For the record, the closest thing to a psa 10 charizard i own is a psa 9 alakazam, but maybe that guy will ride Charizards d to the moon

No one said it was near its peak, but we just have no idea really… $50k is probably a safe bet in the next 5 or so years, but anything beyond that your guess is as good as anyone else’s. In 15 years, the TCG might be dead. A lot of things can happen then. It wouldn’t make the card worthless, but it would probably kill any room for much growth.

I’ll stick to my $100,000 prediction. See you in 15 years. :grin:

i think it easily has a shot at over 100k in the next 5 years. with 2017 being pokemons year of establishment there is so much more information out there for collectors with PSA dedicating its own magazine for pokemon, it will increase so much more interest faster than before pokemon was fully established in the collectors market. being established as a hobby alongside PSA will open a new world of doors and opportunities for the future. The market was growing fast before year of establishment i can only imagine how fast it will grow now it has been properly noticed, its early days still and pandoras box has really only just been opened. The demmand is what drives prices, surely we have not seen the highest growth spike in demmand yet in terms of the % of people entering the already expanding market, and a 1st edition is only going to become more scarce as time goes on. The hooby is still young like its market there is so much room for it to grow through the years past establishment.

obviously things can destroy markets but all the signs are hright and if it keeps that way i think we can expect alot more growth in coming years

$100k in 5 years what are you smoking dude?

1 Like

All Pokemon cards will be worthless by 2020

7 Likes

its some good shit!!

haha i know it seems crazy but base charizards seem to have a nack at blowing everyones predictions out the water so i feel a crazy prediction could be more fun, but if it doesnt make 100k in 5years i do believe its not at all unrealistic it will hit that mark in 10years

2 Likes