Opinion/Price Request: Found gold nugget collection FS

Afternoon Gents,

I recently stumbled upon a hidden mint collection in my area and would like to buy it but want to get some advice before offering. Here is the basic story: A lady i know had collected cards with her sons in 1999-2002ish and enjoyed the cards so much she bought booster boxes and opened them for herself, she sold all the holos for extra cash and bought more boxes but all the commons, uncommons and rares were put them in binders with some of the cards left in the boxes.

So the collection as it sits is all pack fresh never played cards with afew random holos that aren’t worth much, here are the boxes that she has opened and is what the collection is comprised of:

• Base set x3

• Jungle 1st ed

• Neo Rev 1st ed

• Neo Gen 1st ed

• Neo Des 1st ed x2

• Team rocket unlimited

• Almost complete Topps set with multiples

The collection is all in 4 binders and some boxes

So the main thing is there is no good holos so the lots value is in nm-m pack fresh cards, i know there is still value but am not sure what to offer. If anyone could give their opinion or advice id greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

PS i cant get the links to work for adding a pic so im just going to use the imgur link for the pics…

imgur.com/5NyiTW8
imgur.com/jfRAzrp
imgur.com/undefined
imgur.com/undefined
imgur.com/jrZWphV
imgur.com/rs4Gzuj
imgur.com/undefined
imgur.com/R6jkOMC

Whats her selling point? I doubt anyone on here can even throw out a number. It would have to be more descriptive. Confirming that these are full sets without the holos? The first two links, the cards aren’t stored properly but look good. Some cards that are first edition, even if common and rares are worth quite a bit due to a low pop or hard to get a mint copy. The only thing that pops to my head is Squirtle 63 from base set if I remember properly. Honestly, it is always what your willing to offer and what value do you place it? Are you willing to keep these cards or are you just flipping? You can look at Ebay sold listings of each of the sets, here is a link to give you an idea:
www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=base+set+complete+non+holo+lot&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

She wants minimum of 400 for everything, Yes i agree some cards wernt stored the best but its still extremely hard to find these cards in nm-m these days, even more so for the neos. I would most likely hold onto all the cards and grade what i feel to be good shots at 9-10s.

Do you think 400 is a fair price? Shes going off of what she paid for booster boxes back when she was collecting, but because theres no holos im trying to make sure i dont over spend even though its a pretty awesome find.

What are your thoughts? Preciate the input!

I’ve paid more for just one graded card, if you really want it go for it brother.

1 Like

I’d do it. If you decide you don’t want the collection you could always sell it off and either take a small loss, break even, or make a little profit.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice guys! Ill try and arrange a deal this coming week and see what happens, main reason im so interested is because i love neo especially neo rev and finding opened boxes with almost all the cards is unheard of.

1 Like

There is also some value in those empty boxes. People buy them on ebay pretty regularly so if they weren’t something you cared for you could make some money back by selling them for sure! If the cards are actually mint and nm, 400 probably sounds like a fair price to me.

2 Likes

Seems like a cool, unique opportunity. I would go for it!

1 Like

This is great for a collector but would be painful to flip. Buy it if you’re completing sets.

2 Likes

Maybe if there’s a bunch of 1st Ed rares it would be worth it.
Actually, it’s not hard at all finding these non holos in nm/m condition but, the absolute worse you can do is lose a few bucks so if you’ll have some fun with it I’d say knock yourself out kid;)

2 Likes

you need to get a precise inventory of cards OR you give a very basic # calc - something like $0.01/common, $0.05/uncommon, $.25-$.50/ rare depending on which set it came in. Treat this as a bulk buy. Basically, you need to run some calculations on what you think the ratio of these cards are in each set so you have a ballpark number. Based on the amount of boxes you said and the fact that she kept all but the holos, if that is the case, she should have something like 3000+ cards. $400 for 3000 cards means about 13 cents per card. As long as they are NM/M, I would say this is fair. If you are thinking of flipping this, I’d get the price down 300 or lower…

1 Like

It’s not bad for all the 1st ed cards. If you need them, then grab them. That’s a good price I think for all of them in one shot and you can sort through the extras later. Maybe try to haggle her down a bit? The cost in time to try find all of these in parts may not be worth it. Up to you.

1 Like

Yes very true thank you for the info on pricing. And they are all nm/m basically pack fresh thats why i am so interested in them. She is trying to up the price now so will see what i can do but im already maxing out at what i want to spend. These cards would all most likely grade 9s so i feel its worth it.

I am not flipping this it is for my personal collection.

The Neo stuff will be a great scoop for that price. Neo stuff on the U.K. always seems to end with loads of bids and high priced. If you’re going to sell any Neo stuff let me know as I need most of those for my collection :blush:

1 Like