No English Detective Pikachu Promo?

Detective Pikachu Returns | Pokémon Center Official Site https://www.pokemoncenter.com/product/716E11935/detective-pikachu-returns

It appears that there is no English Detective Pikachu Promo included with the switch game.
Curious if anyone has heard of this being released in English?

1 Like

No announcement yet, but it’s not unheard of if this Pikachu promo will be inserted elsewhere

Sword & Shield preorder Pikachu promo 001/S-P became a Sword & Shield Figure Collection box promo in English (SWSH20)

Legends; Arceus preorder Arceus V promo 267/S-P ended up in the Arceus V Figure Collection box in English (SWSH204)

Scarlet & Violet preorder Pikachu promo 001/SV-P is now a Paldea Evolved ETB promo in English (SVP027)

There was also no JP version of the Obsidian Flames ETB Illustration Rare Charmander promo until the Special Deck Set ex was announced 2 weeks ago, to release in November alongside AR Squirtle and AR Bulbasaur - but you can bet those will get an English release too

6 Likes

I’m starting to suspect that this one won’t be released in English since it didn’t come out with the game.

3 Likes

Yea i think if the promo is broad enough that it can fit into its own separate release, its more likely it will be released in another language. The Arceus V isnt necessarily obviously exclusive to Legends without the stamp, could just be a cool Arceus card (plus this game had sets release). Rescue Team’s Pikachu is very clearly related to the game, was not released in English. Both 001 pikachu promos from swsh and sv are also pikachu with starters. Could fit into any release with sv base packs or something. But this card is obviously detective pikachu. It could end up in a collection box, but its not like theres a set where booster packs could make sense with it. It wouldnt rly make sense in any random etb as a promo. Not that english is known for releases that make a whole lot of sense, but this is my line of thinking-- where would detective pikachu get released?

That’s what I have been wondering. With such a specific card. I had thought Pokemon Center might release it as a promo if you buy the game from them or perhaps a special holiday pack, the switch game and promo? Just seems like there are limited opportunities for the English release. I really like the card and will get it in Japanese, it would be cool :cool: f it ended up being a Japanese exclusive.

1 Like

Might act similarly to Rescue Team DX pikachu

I don’t believe we’ll see an english version of this promo, there are Chinese and Korean versions that came as pre order bonuses

One of the reasons why I collect Japanese Pokemon Cards is just because of this.

I was in the camp that it will come out in english, but then thought about what set it would fit into and realized it probably won’t. Then again, it could come in a speciality detective pikachu SKU. At the end of the day, who knows, but I’m still going to pick some up!

1 Like