Scream Promos Won't Be Released In English

News flash!

Scream Promos might be released in English, surprisingly! www.totalcards.net/blog/pokemon/new-pokemon-tag-team-kanto-friend-tins-announced/

They are going to be tin Promos it seems like. Thoughts? I think this is surprising but a great move for the English TCG to get some of the more exclusive Promos if this ends up happening.

10 Likes

It’s not really 100% confirmed in the link you provided, but I sure hope you end up being right. I would really love to have a set of these beauties in both Japanese and English. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Yeah you are right, I edited the orginal post :blush:

As an English promo collector, I’m basically an abused dog at this point. So I smell the treat. I want to believe in the treat. But I’m going to sit here, watch, and wait for more evidence.

19 Likes

That would be really nice!:slight_smile:

Imagine if they also released the ultra shiny gx via tins. Collect all 100 tins! Tpci be rolling in cash like adele rolling in the deep.

2 Likes

Nice for collectors of non-Japanese, but terrible overall. I just hate it when they release boxed product with unplayable cards in it. The value of the cards will tank and people will just be buying the product for the (on average) cheaper packs.

i Remember well when the birthday Pikachus got released in English. The once Japanese exclusives tanked:(

1 Like

It does not make any sense to me to release these promos in English in some random tins. They are a homage to the famous Edvard Munch painting, and created specially for the big exhibition at the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum. This special story behind their release makes them more interesting. There are a ton of other recent Japanese promos without a specific reference in their artwork that would make more sense to release in English first.

6 Likes

Like Charlie said I’d wait for something more definitive. Slapping promos in a tin which were tied to such a specific event doesn’t make much sense.

2 Likes

TPCi knows no bounds, especially common sense.

7 Likes

When I bite the bullet and buy Japanese promos that I expect never to make it over to English, that’s usually the flare signal for TPCi to release them internationally lately. The Cap Pikachu promos, all the random SM-P promos that caused the “Alternate A artwork” series to come into existence, now the Scream set, etc.

Honestly I would be more than astonished if this crossed to english. Not saying there isn’t a chance, but english is the language that slaps literal common cards in some promo/pack releases.

Modern english is where cards go to die. Outside of the shining legends crossover, everything else is lazy, unimaginative, and printed into the ground. It would be disappointing seeing them in english as their release in Japan had an organic purpose.

4 Likes

I don’t know if I would go so far as to say an English release is a bad thing. If the cards can be enjoyed by a huge swath of the world in a language they speak, introduce them to art that is historic through the lens of Pokemon they love, and bring fresh promotional experience to the English TCG, I’d call that a massive win with no downsides.

But the release of these in English would come as a surprise, without precedence, and without the same contextual appeal as the Japanese copies. It has no bearing on how I feel about the Japanese copies either way. I think they’re the absolute top tier promo in terms of desirability and nothing could take that way.

2 Likes

Yeah for sure. If more people enjoy the cards that’s the overall positive! I’m just not going to pretend English Pokémon cares at all about anything other than dumping as much product as possible. If people can find solace in that reality more power to them! I thought shining legends was great and wish they would do that for all mini set crossovers.

100% agree with this!

Modern English is so boring that I have almost completely switched over to collecting Japanese cards.

1 Like

This is such a turn off! I really like the idea of the exclusivity… Why can’t english make their own exclusive releases instead!!!

2 Likes

I would hope that TPCi has more sense than just slapping these promos onto a random tin. That’s not a promotion, that’s just standard product and a cashgrab that would devalue the English print of these promos.

Hi!
I am Japanese, so I do not understand it well, but is not it definite yet that the English version will come out?
Also, how long will the price of the Pikachu promotion of the Japanese version decline after fixing?
I am thinking of collecting it in Japan and going to sell it to overseas card shops.

Preach