Special Arceus V Promo Preorder Bonus In Japan

www.pokebeach.com/2021/08/arceus-v-promo-releasing-for-legends-arceus

21 Likes

ooooooh that’s hot

2 Likes

Dang I think the American release just gets a plushie… I’d rather have the card

2 Likes

4 Likes

Is there a downside to ordering this game as the Japanese version and then changing the language to english? That way I can buy the version to get the card and still play it normally?

1 Like

Can’t speak to this release in particular, but previously I’ve found that JP Switch games with English localisations will play in English by default on an English console - you don’t even need to change the language. However, you will need a Japanese store account to get any DLC that is released, and you can’t redeem the loyalty points for any game with a different region to your console (even US English games can’t be redeemed on a UK Switch). Someone can tell me if I’m wrong on any of that.

Yeah I can confirm there’s no region lock on Nintendo switch for launching software, but there absolutely is a “region lock” for online services those software expect to connect too

So in theory, lets say my girlfriend gets an english copy and I have a japanese copy. Could I use her copy to play the dlc or download the dlc from her version some how?

Unfortunately there is a region lock when regarding “base game” → “dlc”.

In other words, if you buy the DLC using a japanese copy, that DLC will only ever work with the japanese copy and not english.

edit: I should mention I have never tested Pokemon specifically, but it definitely region locks DLC for Splatoon 2

1 Like

I have a USA switch and JPN Shield cartridge. I purchased the expansion with my USA eshop account and everything works fine.

3 Likes

Interesting, and glad hear that’s the case

Japanese promos consistently killing it as usual.

The real question is what will the Leafeon and Glaceon look like.

www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B09CL3BCN1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&th=1

Amazon has listed the promo card as preorder bonus

It has been the case that some Switch games from Japan were Japanese language only though. I think Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2 were like this.

Odds on box promo in English?