Detective Pikachu Promo Thoughts?

I was looking to see what people thought of the card. It seems like people are liking it besides the fact that it’s a JP only promo, but still seems very wanted overall. I picked up the game and secured my copy just so I don’t have to guess on the prices.

8 Likes

I like the way this promo looks and I will probably pick up a copy eventually. At first I thought this promo could just be shoved into any English set much like a lot of other recent popular promos, but I don’t think that makes sense for this one. Either they properly release this with the game in English too, or I can see them making it a small themed tin promo.

1 Like

The Traditional Chinese version was announced on the official site. Since the game is going to be a global release, expect it to be available in Thai, Indonesian and English. Simplified Chinese will most likely be an exception for now as they are still catching up on the SWSH era for the rest of this year.

As for the promo itself, it’s very cute art that loosely ties back to MINAMINAMI Take’s illustration contest entry which is an Arcanine (& Officer Jenny). Their warm suburban settings are a very welcome addition to the tcg. Like the Sword & Shield and Scarlet & Violet preorder Pikachu promos, this promo will be very abundant and accessible in multiple languages so I don’t imagine it will be expensive at all (~$20 usd)

3 Likes

It’s a very cute card. I love cards that tie in the movies or anime.

4 Likes

Absolutely same! That’s what I was going to say too :smiley:

3 Likes

Have you started watching the anime?! Rowlet is proud of you. :owl: :green_heart:

1 Like

Great looking card. Ill pick one up for sure.

I actually did watch a few eps of Horizons while we were packing/before we left for Worlds lol!

1 Like

Can this be shipped to a proxy address from a pokemon center? Or are pokemon center pre orders for in-person pickup only

Nice but won’t be S tier, that’s for sure.

This is a lie. I think we just watched some trailer. :rage:

1 Like

FUN!

4 Likes

You can use a proxy/reship address for US address.

Ship from PCJP to Reship Address then to your US address

1 Like

I loved the movie so so much! Hyped for this card. How fun!

Is this going to be a foil like all the recent SAR cards?

Ahhhh, my memory is shot lol. It felt like we watched a few episodes :joy: I’m sorry!! I do want to keep watching!

pokemon-cute-pikachu-shy-embarrassed-85zhlske5kt9gsg8

1 Like

This promo got me very excited when it was revealed! can’t wait to pick up some. Is it already available or it is a bonus when you get the game?

Bonus with the game it’s seeming like

1 Like