Ninetales misprint

hey everyone, new to the forum. I recently got back into collecting.
Yesterday I was going through my collection and noticed this ninetales with the name having a printing error. I searched online and couldn’t find anything about it. The card does not look to be tampered with at all. Any info on this card?

@pokemike22, Welcome to the site!

What you have there is an inconsistent printing defect. There won’t be much of a premium. The type of errors that are valuable have a consistent alteration. For example, the No Attack Ninetales Error is completely missing the 80 attack:

1 Like

because it isn’t an error that was reproduced multiple times collectors don’t usually seek something like that out. that being said if you come onto anything like that on a Gastly->Gengar or Clefairy->Clefable line let me know and I’ll pay you a premium :wink:

Out of curiosity do you subscribe to the theory that gengar is clefables ghost?

1 Like

There’s a base unlimited clefairy currently on mercari with an ink misprint in the text. Dude is asking way too much for it in my opinion but you may be able to snag it from him for cheap

I’m not really looking to sell this card but just out of curiosity what would something like this roughly be worth?

maybe $50 to the perfect collector?

5 Likes

3rd copy i’ve seen with this type of ink issue, always the last 2 letters in the name. I sold a PSA8 not long ago for $100.

7 Likes

the black marks at the bottom also looks the same which is weird :blush:

The silvering? It makes sense if this error was something consistent across multiple sheets. There was probably a small batch of them that all received the same blemish in the name and were cut by the same dull blade at the bottom, causing similar chips

2 Likes

Looks like a glitch, it’s kinda cool.