Eevee d edition error

I have found a “d” edition error card Jungle Eevee listed on eBay. Similar to the butterfree 1st edition card. I was curious as to what price this would be? I do know it is a one of a kind card and cannot be found anywhere else.

Image?

2 Likes

@pkmnflyingmaster, looks to be this one: www.ebay.com/itm/1st-edition-Pokemon-d-EEVEE-Card-JUNGLE-Set-51-64-ERROR-ONE-OF-A-KIND/163928422970?hash=item262ae53a3a:g:atcAAOSwrrlduERY

3 Likes

1 Like

It’s neat I guess. Since it’s presumably one-of-a-kind, the value will be determined by the seller. Personally I wouldn’t pay anything close to what they are asking.

2 Likes

So many questions… Where did it come from? Why is there only one? How did that happen? It looks like a diagonal “0” in the graphic as opposed to an ink bubble or dry spot on the stamp.

It’s a pretty common printing error due to debris or dust getting in the way during printing. The placement is the interesting part

1 Like

Considering the popularity of the Pokemon and the existence of must-have-every-derivation-of-my-favorite-Pokemon collectors, I’m assuming the seller will be able to get a pretty good price out of this. No others like it as far as we know, so if a collector wants it, they’re at the mercy of the seller.

2 Likes

I am an avid Eevee collector so I was obviously intrigued when I saw it. I was thinking of getting it graded just to keep it protected. Price point seems like a bit of a reach but the seller has mentioned they are in no hurry to sell it and has had people reach out to them with prices over $350 already. Should I pull the trigger? Is it worth it? Never seen anything like it and Eevee is such a staple in the hobby. Just want to get some more advice before I go through with it. Much appreciated.

It’s your money you’re spending, not ours. If it’s something you want go for it, it’s a situation where the seller holds the cards and your at the mercy of deciding if their price is something you’re willing to pay. Literally, no advice can be given.

3 Likes

You could get someone to pay a lot for it I bet

1 Like

Understood. I guess I was just curious if anyone has ever seen one (or something similar) sell before and if so for how much.

I’d be careful. Looks like an easy thing to dupe.

3 Likes

Kinda does look like a ‘d’ hey, pretty cool!

I find it hard to believe someone has offered the seller 350 bucks for that card. The price they are asking is for sure waaaay too high.

Sometimes you gotta ante up for “one offs”, it very well could be your last chance ever to buy this. If you have to have it, maybe start with half that asking price? I think the seller knows they have super overpriced it so I’d reckon they will take less. I wish you luck!

I don’t have a hard time. People paid 10k for shiny charizard ha.

You’re right. What am I thinking? I wouldnt say the buyer of that 10k shinizard was very wise though!

2 Likes

If you’re considering making an offer for $350+, here’s a good question to ask yourself:

Would you rather have this one-of-a-kind card with a slight print defect on it, or 1000+ copies of the actual card? That’s the trade-off.

The way I worded the question, you might be able to tell how I feel about this sort of thing. But it’s up to you. For me, slight print defects like this don’t add any appeal to the card. The only desire I’d have for a card like this, even if it were my favorite Pokemon/card, would be to profit by selling it off to someone who is actually captivated by the defect.

Interested to know what SMP thinks?