Nine Colors Gathering Simplified Chinese Set CS4AC (Eevee Heroes) 03/01/24

Pokémon China has introduced the next Sword and Shield set called Nine Colors Gathering releasing on March 1st, 2024.

Inspired by Japanese set Eevee Heroes that was released back in 2021.

I’ve never been a fan of Chinese, never taken it seriously. I’ve always been loyal to the Japanese releases. And while Chinese tends not to be the most popular language in the TCG, you have to admit the cover art is incredible. I’ll be buying some for fun.

Will you be buying some? Is this the set where Chinese is taken seriously? How will this affect the Eevee Heroes market, if any?

P.S. the Umbreon is the largest in this stock art. No coincidence. :full_moon:

8 Likes

I will complete the alt art for sure, as I am doing with the others.

2 Likes

are we expecting any good cards in this set?

Nah

1 Like

perfect. i wont have to open the 100 boxes i ordered

1 Like

Remember to order the thick booster box with 25 cards per pack and no the one with 5 cards

I don’t even know where I would look for a Chinese set other than eBay? Where do you all looking for it?

1 Like

Middleman. Some price on Ebay are x3

2 Likes

As someone who already got :droplet: :zap: :fire: :eye: in all Asian languages (yeah I’m flexing):

Apparently it’s gonna be my first priority to secure Simplified Chinese copies of these! However I’m currently suspecting that Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon VMAX won’t be in this set since they introduced VMAXes of the remaining 5 but only showed Vs of these 3, so I’m still waiting for the card list to decide whether to grab the set. Espeon VMAX might still have a chance though.

(For those who are wondering: yes there is a CS4b, but that set features Mew instead.)

10 Likes

Do they also include alternate arts? not clear on this article or web site

A typical set reveal in Mainland China is done in 4 steps:

1. One or several announcement posts revealing the set name, some of the regular cards in the set and rarity distribution (how many Cs, Us and so up to URs)
  2. A follow-up announcement revealing more cards including a portion of secret cards (SR/CSR and above). The previous sets CS3/3.5 revealed Alt Arts and Trainer Galleries in this step.
  3. The full set list including secret cards (all the way up to URs) uploaded to the official WeChat app. This step is when we got the full list.
  4. Actual set release and hoarding begins.

For this set the announcement post was published last night which didn’t even complete step 1. (the Mew set wasn’t announced yet), so we’ll still have to wait.

However if the officials followed previous set releases, we will be seeing Alt Arts and Trainer Galleries included in this set, although there are no guarantee that the officials won’t reserve some of them for gift boxes or (in the worst case) tournaments prizes.

3 Likes

I have already got all the Traditional one in PSA 10.
Will do the same with Simplified!

8 Likes

Pokemon China introduced the other half of the Sword & Shield - Nine Colors Gathering set releasing on March 1, 2024. Inspired by Japanese Sword & Shield - Fusion Arts from 2021.

IMG_3889

3 Likes

so s-chinese is just skipping the dragons. cool :smiling_face_with_tear:

Chinese Moonbreon? :smile:

Heard the CHN versions use the same printing facility as the JPN version, so this will be the great opportunity for me to get a affordable version with japanese holo + textures + printing at Korean pricing! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

what does this have to do with dragons?

This also includes but not limited to cards that are exclusive only to Chinese like they did with Blastoise and Venusaur recently

Adding the 4k resolution of the advertisement on the thread. We should be getting news soon with the set coming out in 1 month.

4 Likes

Not quite, they are now also confirmed for the set:

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 11-25-20 2024-02-09 br _ 龙韵新春,传奇再临 宝可梦卡牌全新商品即将发售 集换式卡牌游戏 The official Pokémon Website in China
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 11-25-28 2024-02-09 br _ 龙韵新春,传奇再临 宝可梦卡牌全新商品即将发售 集换式卡牌游戏 The official Pokémon Website in China

Some will also be included in a Dragon themed gift box:

Further information: https://www.pokemon.cn/tcg/product/20240209.html

1 Like

So this 9-color set will be combination of EH, BSS, TP, FA and VC?? :joy: