New English Set - Evolving Skies

www.pokebeach.com/2021/05/evolving-skies-augusts-english-tcg-set

Not much info, just that it will “likely be based on Japan’s Sky Stream and Towering Perfection.”

3 Likes

Roaring Skies 2.0? Logo instantly reminded me of it

1 Like

It’s because they both use the Rayquaza colour palette :blush:

Please let it be Gen 2 focused. Please let it be Gen 2 focused.

9 Likes

If we’re going to start rumors can we all agree this is going to be an evolutions 2.0 set? :blush:

1 Like

Brought up by @sherotgc over on the discord, just imagine an alt art Rayquaza :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

He’s quite sure Eevee heroes is included. So many conflicting sources…

cool to see sets with a theme as opposed to random crap but surely there are more themes than “rayquaza” and “shiny” before we start recycling sets

Fits with the Eevee from Eevee heroes that has a Rayquaza in the art I guess so he could be onto something :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I immediatly preordered some booster boxes/ ETBs of this new set when I saw the news on some less known sites :grin:

I dont want to be late to preorder the products this time, since Rayquaza is included in this set it was a no brainer for me to pull the wallet trigger haha. If theyre going to include the new Eevee heroes cards this set will be a bangers

Ah crap. I just might try to collect this set but the alt Rayquaza cards are going to be expensive…
I’ll at least get a sealed box for my personal collection.

What are the odds the shiny for this set will be Rayquaza…?

More excited for this than chilling reign

You need transparency? Well let me help.

Facts (confirmed stuff):

We have the following facts for Evolving Skies:

• A Set name
  • A Set Logo
  • A Release date
  • Prerelease information
  • Information based on Japanese Sets

Everything else besides these confirmed facts is as of now (20-05-2021), not yet confirmed and is not public information.

Speculation (not confirmed stuff):
I expect at this stage only TPCi has actual set information of Evolving Skies. Not sure about distributors, probably not.

Based on the facts what we got right now, yeah we can speculate it’s very likely it’s going to be a concoction of S6a + S7 together.

Be careful where you get your information from.

1 Like

2015 - Roaring Skies ft. Shaymin EX, Rayquaza EX, M Rayquaza EX

2021 - Evolving Skies ft. *drumroll please* Shaymin V, Rayquaza V, Rayquaza VMax

Next new set… Cooling Shadows?

5 Likes

Evolving Skies Set description
Dynamic Power on the Horizon!
Feel the power of the shifting winds, and brace for an epic storm as mighty Dragon-type Pokémon make their triumphant return! Rayquaza VMAX leads the surge from on high, and Duraludon VMAX towers above the land in its Gigantamax form, joined by Dragonite V, Noivern V, and more. As the clouds part, Eevee’s Evolutions appear in a full rainbow of Pokémon V and Pokémon VMAX to signal a bright new day in Pokémon TCG: Sword & Shield—Evolving Skies!

• Over 200 cards
• 18 powerful Pokémon V and 15 enormous Pokémon VMAX
• Dragon-type Pokémon return with a new look
• More new Single Strike and Rapid Strike cards
• 24 Trainer cards and a new Special Energy card

Pokémon TCG: Sword & Shield - Evolving Skies Elite Trainer Box
• 8 Pokémon TCG: Sword & Shield—Evolving Skies booster packs
• 65 card sleeves featuring Eevee’s Evolutions
• 45 Pokémon TCG Energy cards
• A player’s guide to the Sword & Shield—Evolving Skies expansion
• A Pokémon TCG rulebook
• 6 damage-counter dice
• 1 competition-legal coin-flip die
• 2 acrylic condition markers
• A collector’s box to hold everything, with 4 dividers to keep it

1 Like

I wish they’d bring Fairy back. >:[

I don’t get the appeal for Dragon - most Dragon Pokémon can be represented as their dual type and Colorless has always served as the “mysterious catch all”. I liked Fairy a lot more and Psychic Sylveon just bums me right out. To me, they brought back the wrong type.

2 Likes

I think we’re about to see what we saw in japan for eevee heroes:

All of the english LCS will cancel their “preorders” they’ve already sold (although literally know one knows what they’re getting allocated yet) that were sold recently for under $120 and relist them for much higher, creating a nice preorder bubble that will burst a bit once people have the product in hands.

good hype for english, good set, interested to see what happens.

Yet another set where I will wait 1 to 2 months after release to purchase the singles (Eeveelutions).

3 Likes

As a player: RayEels getting the reboot with Rayquaza VMAX and Flaaffy! I’ve always enjoyed playing ray decks due to their aggression and straightforward gameplay.

As a collector: yeah I guess them eeveelutions do be a thing huh :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Evolving skies is just roaring skies just like how darkness ablaze is Burning shadows in that I’m going to confuse these sets’ names and then never talk about them again.

On a side note, hope there’s good stuff in there, especially art wise.

1 Like