Next PSA Special?

Does anyone know when the next PSA special will come up at $15 a card? Or any guesses lol. Would like to get some more cards moving and was wondering if any patterns are emerging as PSA is really catching up and have no backlog currently.

2 Likes

Honestly, $15 again would be silly. I think pretty much every card remaining in people’s submission piles weren’t worth sending at $15, hence the reason why they are still in those piles. I think $10-12 is the number to hit. If PSA is worried about getting inundated at that price point, then institute a low value cap of something like $99 or $149 and strictly enforce it.

9 Likes

At this point, what would they get inundated with for Pokemon?

Surely people realised that sending in their vintage commons and modern non-full arts+ was a waste of time/money?

Look at that Vivid Voltage population of normal Vs and holos etc. You’d have to have money to burn to send that crap in again like the last 3 years didn’t happen.

Shhhhhhh, keep letting people grade modern cards. Im appreciating picking all the 10s up for under 40 bucks.

2 Likes

I personally don’t think they would get inundated with anything at this point. Obviously, modern bulk is entirely ungradeable by now, but even WOTC bulk is a pretty big risk because if you don’t get a 10, you’re probably losing money or breaking even. That even applies to many 1st Edition Base non-holos and pretty much all Shadowless non-holos.

I was just saying it from PSA’s perspective. The last thing they want is a similar scenario to late 2020 and 2021, so they are trying to move as carefully as possible at the moment. But do I think they can get inundated like that again? No. Not only has PSA expanded rather significantly over the last couple of years, but the market has changed drastically. Things are very, very different now than they were in 2020 and 2021.

So I agree that I don’t think PSA will get inundated again.

2 Likes

I dunno, I sent in a $15 sub and it arrived at PSA on 2/06/23, and 10 days later is still sitting there on step 1. Meanwhile my $25 tier was already on grading by the 10th day. Seems like they are still processing orders from the December $15 special as well. I think you’re slightly overestimating PSA’s bulk turnaround speed and underestimating the amount of cards being submitted during these specials. Though I will say, you’re right about one thing: I have a few more cards I can (and might) submit at this $15 tier, but I have a lot more to submit at $10-12. The price will get there eventually, but probably not for another few months.

There has definitely been some variance (which is expected), but it seems like most orders from the $15 special are being completed inside of two months. Keep in mind, PSA’s old turnaround time prior to the pandemic was 3-4 months, so two months is really, really fast.

I also agree that the price won’t get there for another few months. I’m thinking mid-2023, so possibly sometime between May and July.

1 Like

We will see where this all goes. I am doubtful that if PSA is getting this much business at $15, I see them very hesitant at lowering the price further. Maybe $12, but again there are so many “It’s not low enough” people that if they put it at $12 or even $10, they would prob just bump it back up to $15. We will see… We will see

For what it’s worth, I’ve submitted pretty much everything in my backlog that makes sense at the $15 price point. If they dropped it to $10 I would have another batch to submit but its definitely not a wave.

I’m not submitting until slabs are $1 :saluting_face:

3 Likes

I’m not submitting until they pay me :triumph:

3 Likes

There’s always “that guy”

be the change you want to see in the world

1 Like

I saw this the other day and reminded me of your profile. It’s on sale right now, pretty cool: Pokémon - Misty’s Oddish Key Master Setup Production Cel Art Animation Original | eBay

4 Likes

Whoa, never seen anything like it. Thank you :slight_smile: $2300 tho :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

How much of an Oddish fan are you :wink: 2300 isn’t that much for a sketch and 1/1 item lol

1 Like