New Limited Mewtwo Card Release

Remember last year’s HR Zekrom GX and the FA Masked Royale from the year before?

Well, here is it again this year. 300 total copies of HR Mewtwo GX will be awarded similarly like the previous limited cards.

The expansion in which this card will be awarded is based on the new set ‘Remix Bout’, the one with Charizard, Blastoise and Venusuar.

11 Likes

Well, I’m glad it isn’t another Full Art Supporter or Pikachu. :wink:
Good luck Mewtwo collectors!

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

I really hope they drop the whole Hyper-Rare look with the release of Sword/Shield. The whole artwork of this Mewtwo could’ve been a thousand times better with colour and great background design.

17 Likes

I agree. I love the holo versions of the original artwork but can’t stand the HR or shiny versions of the full arts in the SM era. But it makes me appreciate the WOTC era so much more. I go for the holo over any of the SR, HR, or whatever.

3 Likes

@genosha, My thoughts exactly! While it has rarity, every HR looks the same. Looking forward to the set though. Ive been talking about it in Patreon for months now since they released the stock image of the pack. Glad they settled on a booster pack design!

3 Likes

I agree here also. The holo versions look nice, some losers still here and there but the hyper rares all look the same. Could probably use modern binders to improve your sun tan.

It looks incomplete somehow. Kinda like it went through the wash.

1 Like

Can’t wait for sun and moon era to be done hopefully get rid of the hyper rare

6 Likes

Charizard & Braixen-GX

imgur.com/l7zh6n8

Full Art Armored Mewtwo Promo

imgur.com/a/qo4hjNH

1 Like

Same! Any idea when SM era will end? Cant wait to see what SS era brings, might actually collect some modern cards if they change things up.

I think TCPi is smart enough to launch Sword and Shield Base Set within 2 months from the Switch game release. Just cross fingers they don’t do some ugly card frame xD

1 Like

Yeah when a new game comes out in November, the Japanese set with new format has usually released in December afterwards. There can be some Promo cards released before though. But I would imagine the first English set for Sword & Shield releases in February if the old pattern stays true.