New Charizard UPC

I was going to go after work today, but think I missed out based on what everyone is saying.

If you ordered 1 or 2 you should be fine. My guess from when I used to work there and the people I spoke to is that whatever allocation each store gets will be given to people in the order that was preordered, but with a two per person limit. If there are any excess UPCs after that, it’s at the manager’s discression whether to give the leftovers to people who preordered 3 or more or to make the accessible to anyone who missed on preorders.

2 Likes

Stores were ending up with 40-100 pre ordered, no matter how big the print is, these probably won’t be the amount each store gets. I would think something like 2-3 cases at the start, so 8-12 maybe? If you ordered in the first 1-3 people, you might be okay, if they limit from 3 to 1, maybe 8-12. I just know stores were hammered yesterday and the earlier the better, it was going on for 4+ hours.

How is it only 120 in the US But in Europe it’s around 170 and Switzerland even 190. Usually, Pokémon Products have almost the same price. This is crazy.

Norway is $196-$225.

I can’t speak for the rest of Europe but here this price gap is completely normal. Sealed product is 40-70% more expensive and that is the way it has always been.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if there will be more preorders that will become available at Gamestop (or other retail stores)?

I heard of the Gamestop preorder drop, but couldn’t go because I was stuck at work :frowning:

Still have places like best buy, walmart, gamestop online, pokemon center. There will be plenty of chances, its not going to be too difficult to get at retail, there are MANY more of these. Don’t let FOMO set in.

2 Likes

My workplace stocks Pokemon TCG and the Charizard UPC briefly became available for pre order on the website last week, and quickly sold out. Turns out they only allowed 50 pre-orders to take place through the website before it became sold out, and then there are another 31 pre orders from a store level present in the system.

Not entirely sure how many the company will be able to order, as it still states 0 of the product have been ordered. This was the same problem with the Celebrations UPC as well. I think the company got 250 total across 150 stores or something.

1 Like

I just start coming back to Pokémon. Where do you preorder this? Also side note where do I preorder booster boxes?

1 Like

First of all, welcome back! This item hasn’t been super easy fo pre-order as of yet Your best bet might be to try a local store in your area or wait for a big box store like Target/Walmart or Pokemon Center themselves to drop them.

As for booster boxes, lots of places! eBay always has competitive prices, Pokemon Center if you want to go direct (more expensive) or there are many online stores as well.

And so it begins:

4 Likes

Wow over $200 already at auction. That is someone hoping to express grade it as a 10. I can’t believe people buy these cards at 5x to 10x the price just to get it a few weeks earlier

2 Likes

So how does one get this and post it on their eBay main without fear of being found out? Or am I overthinking the poke police here?

i hope they get a fuckin 9 lmaooooo

Funny what a few hours can do… it’s over $1,000 now :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Wow and 300 watchers. This is insane.

1 Like

Insane for sure. Who would pay $1,000 for this card? Wait 6 months and there will be hundreds/thousands graded for a fraction of the cost.

1 Like

Status maybe? "I have the new zard yeah I spent $2k yeah it’s getting graded now :sunglasses: "

1 Like

Id say it would be a weak 9 if it got that, centering is off on the front and back. Also have a look at the 5th picture. The right edge has a decent amount of whitening.

:man_facepalming: