GUESS; What price will Charizard UPC be in a year?

Charizard Premium UPC is preordering currently.

RRP is 120
Cheapest I’ve seen on Ebay is £180. I think US is cheaper?

What price will they be going for on 13/10/2023.

I will start things off with: £375

Answer in your native currency or currency of choice.

1 Like

I’m going to be semi-optimistic and say $210. I think these are far more available vs the Celebrations UPC and with another reprint coming I think prices won’t skyrocket.

It seems like the availability on these won’t be nearly as bad as I initially thought.

I could see these going for around $225 in a year from now. My thought is that each of the Charizard promos would have a raw market value of anywhere from $40-$60, add in the value of the packs and you end up right around $225 conservatively.

If the print these to oblivion I could still see them going for more than retail a year from now.

It was up on Pokemon Center forever, these have been very very easy to get. If I had to guess, I would say this is at least 20x more available and printed than the Celebrations UPC. Can find them for $180 on ebay right now and they haven’t hit retail shelves nor has places like Best buy or Walmart had a preorder yet and Gamestop hasn’t had an online one yet. Not to mention a second wave in December/January.

The cards are great, but this is a modern product printed into the ground and then some. Will probably see $160 or so by Oct of next year imo. Just too much out there.

1 Like

In 1 year? Maybe $200. I think 5-10 years is the more interesting period to think about. Stuff still gets reprinted 1 year out sometimes.

1 Like

I’m going to go with $160.

To add: How much will a PSA 10 set of all 3 promos go for A) this year and B) a year from now?

180 if the state of the market is like today.

150 if a mild recession struck the US

120 if pokemon decide to go beyond a second reprint, say printing the box again 1-2 times more

90 if a harsh recession hits the US

60 the price I’ll be happy to buy to renovate my bedroom wall

I’m going to guess around $200. Given the preorders they released the past few days, it makes it seem like these will be fairly easy to get. If they keep releasing like they have been, I’m guessing the print run will be pretty high

The unique artwork cards are what make this product so high in-demand. The sleeves and playmat are also really nice, but I view those as added benefits.

I do think we are entering a recession, and things will be a lot more apparent a year from now. Prices may cool down further. But I still think the charizard upc will hold a premium due to its unique offering

If we see them re-use the artwork in future charizard cards, then maybe prices for the upc will not command a heavy premium.

$200 for sure…the price that troll and toad is selling preorders for at the moment. Highly doubt lower than that. Even the horrible champions path etb is still $90

When we hit recession q2 next year all the flipperpratte420s will collect unemployment checks to use on cards anyways

I doubt itll drop to anywhere near msrp on the 2nd hand market. I’d personally wait until it releases to make any move in buying one, especially if im doing $200+.

$10,000 USD a box. I’m personally purchasing 90% of the entire supply and burning it all.

5 Likes

For it to be less than msrp the 3 promos would have to be less than 40$ each which i dont see happening. Even eevee v promos are like 30$ and didnt require special methods of purchase or pre order. Thats ignoring everyhting else.

1 Like

I know flippers expect a lot more, but $200 sounds reasonable. It seems like they’re printing quite a bit. There were many available on Pokemon Center plus all the card shops and bigger retailers like GameStop.

I’m still surprised I managed to order 2 last night for MSRP. Hopefully it doesn’t get cancelled.

1 Like

I guess the real question is how will it compare to the Celebrations UPC moving forward. Personally, I think the Celebrations upc will be the winner when all is said and done, but who knows. Both UPCs have some strengths relative to the other. !remindme 5 years

One is base set metal reprints which is printed in much smaller quantities and the 25th anniversary. The other is Alt zards printed into the ground. Celebrations, without a doubt will be the winner.

1 Like

Maybe if we drill holes in them the value will go up….(sarcasm based on everyone’s favorite new IG trend)

Pre-orders in Finland

zord2

:neutral_face:

3 Likes

People love anything Charizord so who knows. Seems like supply is significantly higher than celebrations just based on my experience with preordering at MSRP.

@xzini I thought it was an advert :sweat_smile: (albeit a scammy one), Actually the same Finnish LGS, I m not going to name it, sells it locally for 299 and for 279 online to other EU customers… That tells you how LGS cares about their local customers (people that do not necessarily browse the net for finding deals).

2 Likes