New Charizard UPC

I might be biased but even with the type disadvantage, I think Venusaur wins in most of these images. Image 1: Charizard burns down Venusaurs forest. Image 2: Venusaur gets mad and starts the battle. Image 3: Venusaur wins

Gotta use your influence and write to TPCI and have them do a Blastoise card next

6 Likes

probably because pokemon red and green are the og games

10 Likes

Never though I’d say this, but I’m impressed by these new Charizard cards. The VSTAR is amazing.

1 Like

In the manga, there is an iconic battle of Red’s Venusaur vs Green’s Charizard (Green in JP is Blue in English). The TCG artworks are almost always based on the main JP games or manga

2 Likes

I love SWSH era

5 Likes

These cards are amazing. I wish they don’t skyrocket in price tho :cry:

1 Like

So how easy would this be to get at retailers for MSRP?

All the online LGS are charging nearly double or more than double for this lol.

10 Likes

I came here to say the same thing! Except I was thinking more like Shin Godzilla

7 Likes

I wasn’t planning on trying to buy one of these UPC’s and then these artworks were released :sweat_smile:.

The level of art we’ve been getting in modern has been unreal.

6 Likes

We can all hope that Pokemon learned from SD Charizard and print this UPC to the ground

Same thought as @ascendedbidoof . The artwork for the VMAX reminded me of the Shin Gojira movie.

Cheers!

1 Like

Target had a pretty healthy stock this morning, not insta-botted like celeb was. Was up for about 2 minutes with a limit of 3.

1 Like

Definitely not too bad, though the website still collapsed while I was trying to check out so I missed out, haha. I was only looking for one though, so I’m not to worried about getting it yet.

I think it was only up because the site was being DDOS’d lol. I was able to get all the way to the payment page and it booted me out.

I’m still optimistic this thing will be properly printed though – in PK’s recent video I think CoolTrainerRyan said his allocations for the Zard UPC are leaps and bounds beyond the Celebrations UPC.

Yeah, tons of LGS have said their numbers and its double or triple what celeb was. Retail will probably also follow suit, and with no metal cards, can print them over and over. These shops preordering at $220+ and fear mongering are the absolute worst. MRSP should be in reach for almost everyone who wants it imo.

a bitch like me knows his favs :sunglasses: seriously tho, Oswaldo KATO has that good childhood book vibe. super underrated artist imo.
this is what their art reminds me of lol

3 Likes

The Charizard Vmax is killer, easily in my personal top 3 alt arts.

2 Likes

The VMAX actually reminds me of those fan-made Zard cards you see. Not in a bad way, just find it interesting.

I think there’s a lot of good inspo to be found in those Etsy fan-made cards. Not the full art trainers though. Don’t look at those.

2 Likes

Agreed, it has a certain element to it.