New 2017 Victory Medal Trophy cards

The new tournament series starts in February in regards to the new Sun and Moon era. There’s pictures out of the new trophy cards:

www.pokemon-card.com/info/2000/20000218_000502.html

What do you all think about them?

Personally I kinda like the 1st place but completely dislike the artwork on the 2nd and 3rd place. Overall I am a bit disappointed to be honest (as I was with the Victory Rings before).

1 Like

TBH, I’m over the whole Legendary, Starters, Pikachu (3rd Place) Trophy setup Japan has been doing the last couple years.

Like the US stepped their game up with Full Arts, which was sweet. I just wish Japan would throw us a curve ball with these and do something totally different…

or at least give us HAND DRAWN TROPHY CARDS.

3 Likes

They look shit like the BW and XY era ones did.

Watch people buy these off of Yahoo Japan for 1500 bucks with Mummy and Daddies pocket money and then panic sell them for 800 bucks 3 months later when they realise nobody wants them. Alternatively they send it in for grading and it gets a 9 and their world literally crumbles beneath their feet, because a PSA 9 obviously means the card is trash.

Man I got some hate in me today…

11 Likes

Nicely executed.

I agree. The first one is pretty good, but the other two are really lackluster considering they are Trophy cards. They look similar to any other trainer card you get in promo sets these days… :unamused:

Greetz,
Quuador

These new cards only make the original hand drawn ones more of an artifact.

I like the logo on the webpage. However the trophies look like victory medal prize cards rather than proper trophies.

4 Likes

Not a fan at all. Much prefer drawn and paint style art work not that 3d/ Ichi ban graphics crap.

1 and 2 are okayish but the number 3 is awful in my opinion. The trouble with these are that they are a display of accomplishment… it’s more how you obtained the card than what it looks like so I wouldn’t expect drastic changes any time soon.

I think the number 2 looks the best, 1 is alright also. But three is the same thing we’ve seen for years.

I actually like #1 still not sure about the other ones lol.

Just threw up in my mouth a little…

Suck too cause that case is pretty sweet looking

I honestly do not like the new victory medals, very uninspired. As cool as that rare candy is, I’m not sure It screams trophy card.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how is the rare candy being awarded? It says 1st place but for what ?