Championship Series 2020 Victory Medals

Hi everyone, here are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Victory Medals for this years championship series. I’m not quite sure the full distribution of any of them yet and haven’t yet seen any for sale online, unlike other 2020 championship series cards. If anyone has any information let me know and I will update this post :blush:

EDIT: It seems that the official name of these cards is “Victory Proof” or “Victory Crown” The distribution of these are much lower than the classic ‘Pika Medals’ and will continue to be distributed across certain big events during SWSH. The bronze “Victory Proof” is awarded to 3rd and 4th, not 3rd alone as I had previously stated

9 Likes

Fun fact - These same arts were first event promos at Korean League since February. Didn’t get much hype at the time, (not even sure if they were distributed because of COVID, but nice to see them come to Japan! :blush:

5 Likes

Thanks for the info! I’ve never seen it before. I hope they were distributed because I’ll likely end up trying to buy one of these when I inevitably can’t afford the Japanese ones >.<

1 Like

They are called Victory Proofs as a direct translation from Japanese or Victory Crown from the item in the card.

These were given in Champion League events in Japan starting December of 2019. The event in March was cancelled and only had the most recent one in September. So far, only 2 events were coordinated.

There are 2 categories in the December event and 2 or 3 categories in the September one so the distribution is 4 or 5 1st/2nd Place Trophy cards and 8 or 10 3rd Place Trophy cards (given to 4th place as well).

Next event should be in December.

EDIT : I am mistaken. There are 4 categories in the December event making an extra 2 1st/2nd place cards and 4 3rd place cards.

4 Likes

Oh jeeez, thats some low distribution… Thanks for the info, it’s very useful!

Its still being distributed. If similar trophy cards from the champion league events is any indicator, there should be between 39-56 of these given out by the time Gen 8 is over.

1 Like

Man I NEED that 3rd place Victory proof in my collection… Would look great along side the victory cup, ring and decoration… :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I need them all :sob:

1 Like

These modern Japanese trophies are given out in tournaments over the entire duration of the current Pokemon generation as @chok mentioned.
Some YouTubers mentioned them together with the pre 2010 “victory medals” like these and expected them to be just as available which is misleading, as the Victory Cup, Victory Ring and Victory Decoration have much, much more limited distributions and very likely, so will these Proofs.

:slightly_frowning_face: I was fortunate enough to get mine while they were “cheap”.I do hope you manage to find them :blush: