"Name That Artist" Game!

Artist Collectors Assemble! (and Everyone really)

We have a Guess the Card Game, but I thought we might try a similar game with card artists. Many collectors like to dive deep on card art and the artists of this and other TCGs, so this can be a fun, easy, playful way to learn about different artists within the PkMn TCG.

Basically,

• Name the artist of the last posted card.
  • First with the right answer, posts another but with the artist line cropped out.
  • Artists must illustrate for the PkMn TCG.
    But can branch to other games, with relevant artists. :grin:

I’ll start.
This is a different style for him, but is an artist we should all know.

artCrop

I love the textures in this one!

12 Likes

I had to double check, because it is so different for his style. :drum:… Ken Sugimori.

2 Likes

Mystery Artist

3 Likes

Mitsuhiro Arita

@xileets, does it have to be a Pokemon or can it be something unrelated illustrated by a Pokemon illustrator?

2 Likes

Hint1: the tcg has only ever had one artist of this caliber.

4 Likes

Nice! Older artist that we haven’t seen for quite a while! There were some major home runs in their portfolio. I’ll leave it a mystery for a minute tho…

2 Likes

His style really brings out the realism of each pokemon, especially the eyes! Its no different with the horse just staring you down, very intimidating, which us the point haha

3 Likes

Noice Masago right there!

6 Likes

JynxVendingS2
I wonder how long this one will last…

1 Like

Kagemaru Himeno

5 Likes

1 Like

Sumiyoshi Kizuki

4 Likes

hm

I KNOW I recognize this card, but can’t place it. Is it Shibuzoh?

Nope! It was a misdreavus! Yuko Baba! Baba is still doing cards. Nice to see an older artist continuing to add to the portfolio! …she/he really seems to like trees. :laughing:

3 Likes

OK, Love this illus. Never made it onto any official merch (I don’t think). Finding the artist might take some sleuthing, but it’s a pretty distinct style.

10 Likes

Definitely Kawayoo!

3 Likes

Continuing in that vein, here an artwork that never appeared on any official artwork, and predates their official work for Pokémon as far as I know:
The style again, is very distinct for this artist.

4 Likes

Just about the only artist in recent memory known for their ancient mural style illustrations - Hataya

3 Likes

If you need a hint

They changed their illustrator name at some point in the tcg

5 Likes