"Name That Artist" Game!

Easy one, that’s Tetsuya Koizumi, or nowdays Scav (was a shock to learn as i had both in my artist binder page collection :smiley: )

5 Likes

Let’s see how easily this one gets recognised, perhaps not the most obvious one:

4 Likes

Imakuni?

Note that the question mark is not due to my uncertainty :slight_smile:

9 Likes

3 Likes

saya tsuruta

7 Likes

3 Likes

Can’t say I have the artist pinned down sadly, but its interesting tp see the Pokemon Dream World and Global Link would go on to use redraws of some of this art come gen 5.

2 Likes

:hushed:
And this is why, again, I made this thread. So scav had a history before SV! I did not realise!

I’ve been debating including their work in my collection… it’s getting kinda out of control.

3 Likes

I find it interesting that all the not so serious cards, mostly promos, by him have Imakuni? as an illustrator but all the regular set cards have Tomoaki Imakuni, not sure why they wanted to separate them

1 Like

Maybe I’m wrong but I assume Imakuni? is his character/stage name so the context is whether he is illustrating as the character or as himself.

4 Likes

Well that does make sense! Didn’t notice the obvious that all the cards from Imakuni? actually have him in card art

3 Likes

I feel like this could be Himeno, but I’m really not sure… The shading style is pretty distinct but It’s not ringing bells…

It also kinda like like Hisao Nakamura.

OK @swolepoke , who is it? heh.

Or maybe a hint?
haha

Only thing I could find was an eBay listing that claimed it was someone named Naoya Hattori (a name I can’t find anywhere else.)

There is an Etsuya Hattori however, 3 cards under his belt and several credits over the years. Looking at this Lanturn, hmm…maybe I’m onto something.

4 Likes

That actually does look very similar. The shading is similar, though a little less clean… which makes sense considering the age. Raichu has more similarities too, of course they are the same set.

Only other thing I found, and I gotta check out, but want to dig more, Etsuya Hattori designed these shirts.

1 Like

So is this thread in a permanent limbo till someone figures out the artist? lol

1 Like

Has the artist done artwork for the tcg?

lol. no. You can always just tell us. I intended it as an informative, but fun game, more than a contest. Still, though, I’m curious too:

Ok! Is it one of these illustrators? :joy:

2 Likes