Mystery of the Entei, Suicune and Raikou Goldstars

Maybe I’ve been watching too many TV shows recently with evil geniuses and plot twists lately, but the thought came across my mind that the dog GS seller could have hoards of the other GS and just made this one blatantly public, so that we would assume if he had others, he would have shared it online, if that makes any sense at all. Not that I think or hope this is the case, but everything seems possible now, especially with the ROS reprint. Does this stop with GS, I think there could be ex stashes from that era too.

And I’ve warned Rudy from Alpha investments, that I think he is seriously limiting the price that many sealed product could reach with his public 1000+ box investments, because I think it is a little similar to the GS scenario (not the shitty selling methods), where the prices will never go up much on these products, when everyone knows where to get them, and the quantity available.

Nope…we’re talking about a DECADE since Gold Stars stopped being printed…i’d say if there was any chance someone was hoarding secret stashes of specific Gold Stars we’d have seen them sell by now.

The price of (English) Gold Stars has never been higher than they are today and if you look at some of the most wanted PSA 10 ones from EX Delta Species and EX Deoxys they show up and sell MAYBE once a month on eBay, because that’s literally all there is of those cards at that kind of a grade…and POP reports have backed that up (talking about Rayquaza, Latios, Latias, Mudkip, Treecko, Torchic, etc).

Profits as large as Gold Stars are bringing now is never a sure thing so someone sitting on a “hoard” of PSA 10-quality Rayquazas/Latios/Latias/Hoenn starters is pretty much impossible unless that individual hates the thought of making money…and at the very least, these cards would have been graded to at least protect these cards long term thus filling up the POP reports.

Yes, with the Roaring Skies reprint people can claim ‘anything goes’ now but more than likely anyone trying to convince you Gold Stars will become diluted at some point due to hidden caches is just trying to create mass hysteria and tank the GS market so they can swoop in and benefit by reselling.

Thanks for talking some sense into me lol. I was a bit surprised with the number of PSA copies overall of the dog GS, as there were about 330 of each, which is quite a lot, especially about 80 PSA 10’s each, so it makes sense that there probably isn’t someone holding onto a stash of the most valuable (from ex deoxys) GS because they would have graded some more copies. I guess I’m just a bit worried now with these kinds of things happening, for example I saw a video where charizard authority had a stack of plasma charizards graded. I don’t remember everything, but I think it was like 50 copies, which is obviously less than 5000/3, but I’m sure he obtained them with ease, and for far less than the lower market value at that time. Just seems like Japanese cards are a safer investment, in the sense that there don’t seem to be these crazy messes with the pokemon company (the plasma zard reference doesn’t seem fitting, but still).

Yeah, I mean, the Plasma Charizards example is simply not comparable to English Gold Star cards…the Gold Star Dogs being (illegally) “acquired” en masse was a very specific event with a specific set of circumstances that don’t affect the rest of the other Gold Star species.

Also, i’d be careful with thinking that Japanese cards are a “safer” investment…that’s not necessarily true at all. The English card market will always be larger by default due to sheer population, and sheer population = more potential buyers in an open market which obviously has a greater impact on supply and demand.

Don’t forget also that it is much easier to get those PSA 10s from Japanese cards due to their overall print/cut quality over English cards, which lends another element of scarcity/rarity to certain English PSA 10s.

Of course, those well-known Japanese Promos/prizes and the like that are out of reach price-wise for probably 99% of collectors will always be valuable and sought after as ‘holy grails’ so they’re excluded from my general sentiments above around Japanese card values.

From what I have read on the forum… I don’t think that is entirely true, thought I cannot dispute it with facts or hard numbers. It is just a general feeling I have gotten from reading the forum.

I think for a select few it is true, but I think generally many of them are down.

I’ve been hunting the ‘rarer’ PSA 9-10 Gold Stars for a year now and the price has steadily hiked over the last 6 months in general for most of them while I had been waiting for prices to drop instead.

The ‘entry level’ price for a PSA 10 Umbreon/Espeon/Rayquaza/Charizard/Latios/Latias/Hoenn starters have seen DRAMATIC increases whenever they are made available over the past year and the tier below that with Mew, Mewtwo, Pikachu are basically are also hiking up quite a bit…most BINs are around $600 on average for that 2nd tier with bids a little less. Of course, this makes sense as a large majority of PSA 10 Gold Star owners not only are members of this forum but hold multiple copies of some and thus the market is extremely limited, and they know that.

If I had it to do over again i’d have gone for Gold Stars 18 months ago because over those 18 months the price of every single one outside of the dog trio have at the very minimum DOUBLED. There was a time when you could get a Charizard or Rayquaza PSA 10 a year ago for easily under a grand…now? Good luck trying to find a seller that will sell for anything less than $2000…just a few select Gold Stars seeing exponential price increases has made plenty of other PSA 10 Gold Stars experience a relatively decent bump in average price, so i’d definitely say that Gold Stars are at their highest point.

@smpratte’s video said that the GS peak was in 2014, but I wasn’t collecting again at that time so i’m not sure if that bubble was larger for Gold Stars 2.5-3 years ago compared to today. Over the past year or so though, for sure, i’d say Gold Stars have been doing really, really well and provide very consistent profit to those selling them. Even PSA 9s are starting to distance themselves and i’ve seen plenty go for $250-300 (even for some of the ‘less rare’ ones).

There was a bubble in 2014, but gold stars have always sold well. @jayce87 makes a valid point about the rarer GS cards. They appear very infrequently. More infrequently than in the past. They are not easily attainable ungraded mint. Very similar if not on par with some of the wotc cards.

finally I know who this Guy is

Does anyone know where I can find the video of the binder full of Entei, Suicune and Raikou Gold Stars? The links shared on this thread seem to be broken.
Thanks in advance.

He also runs cardhouse_eu on Ebay

He pulled the video when he realised how stupid he had been. Someone around here should have a copy though

www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x5st4hx

1 Like

Are we reviving this for real?

And now I heard his voice, I am quiet sure I know exactly who he is. I’ve dealt with him many years ago for a long time but I am not gonna just buy cards of him to confirm my hunch.

I don’t know what angers me more, the fact that he acquired these in an illegal way or the way he keeps them in those shitty ass binders with barely any protection. Probably both. What a scumbag :unamused: .

I remember the word was that he sold them to TnT, although I never got to see confirmation on that.

He mysteriously made a copyright claim on the YT upload I had of the video around the time I heard that information as well.

If I try to buy one of the dogs from someone, is there a way with the PSA serial number to know if it originated from him?

JP stars ftw.

2 Likes

Not defending the guy but where is the proff that this illeagal cards he got? Did he steal a bunch of them or something?

There is no way to tell.

2 Likes

He had 5000 of them. Aside from opening about 15000 boxes to get that many, there is no legal way to obtain numbers like that.

1 Like