Mkpokecc's Collection!

I am not one to mess with people :blush:

:open_mouth: so that means what we think it does?

Wow it has been a long time since I have posted anything here! I figure this is the perfect opportunity to blow off some dust and share my most recent addition. Thanks to @smpratte for helping with its acquisition. Without further ado:

2005 Battle Road: 1st Place Victory Ring

6 Likes

That’s a pretty great addition you’ve got there, Mike. Congratulations.

Congratulations Mike. One of my most favourite trophy cards. Simple, elegant and truly beautiful.

And great presentation case:)

@funmonkey54 - Thanks!

@pokeoz - I love how they used the holo effect sparingly, only to accentuate the ring.

@garyis2000 - Thanks, it was originally graded a PSA 10 but had it cracked out of the case (sacrilege :open_mouth:) because the original case looks so much better.

Haha, that’s awesome. True commitment to the value of original display.

Original display > PSA :blush:

2 Likes

@mkpokecc – Welcome back :wink:

Congratulations on your newest acquisition!! Your 2005 Battle Road Victory Ring Pikachu is absolutely stunning – it is truly a beautiful treasure :heart:

Scott is a veteran; I purchased this particular trophy card in its original case from him, too!

Thanks! I am quite pleased! I had no idea that it was a first place winner’s card until it showed up. Not that it matters much, but it was a nice surprise.

I’d get so nervous cracking a case :slightly_frowning_face:

That’s the good thing about cards in PSA holders, it’s protected but you can crack it out anytime. I would have done the same thing. Just curious, what did you do with the PSA label? Did you send it back to PSA?

Is it hard to crack open?

It’s not hard. I just use a wire cutter to cut the case open and pry it with a screwdriver. Very very carefully. :blush:

Thanks for bringing that up.
Always save the label then after you get your cards back send them in to PSA so they can update the pop report. Simply include a note saying you decided to have them graded by a different company.
If you don’t, then you’re contributing to the unfortunate reality that your fellow pokemon collectors will make bad decisions based on an inaccurate population report.
Make sense?

1 Like

Hahaha actually Scott cracked it for me. He also sent me the label which I still have. I’m not going to bother sending it back in unless I plan to get it graded again.

There are tutorials on youtube, it’s actually quite easy to do it without damaging the card…

Good decision Mike, certain cards simply belong in their original case! Looks great!

No explanation needed :blush:

Spoiler

10 Likes

Congrats Mike. Very impressive trophy cards.