Miscut Cards General Thread

Crazy awesome, have you got any 3 or 4 card miscuts? i.e. pieces of 3/4 different cards in one, technically 4 would be the max to have on one card

(photoshopped)

Woah at that gyarados miscut. how did that get through :open_mouth:

@shizzlemetimbers That gyarados is pretty insane, haha although I’m skeptical to it’s legitimacy, as base set sheets are always cut up and such. It almost looks like someone took a high quality scan of a base set sheet and edited it to make it that appear to be one card. A pic with more depth of some kind would be what I would like to see…

But anyways, to answer your question, I do have a few. I have one that’s miscut only on the back, similar to the manectric below. I believe it’s a league promo crushing hammer haha but I don’t have a picture of it currently.

Also posted this one in my collection thread, which you may or may not have seen. I kindof abandoned that I guess, since this one came about. Haha

Another little tidbit, I personally keep track of where the cards come from, as I stated before that I get them from all over the place. It almost gives them a story to add to the already unique and interesting card. Some stories are better than others though. The manectric came from a guy in Brazil, and it took nearly a year for him to agree to sell it to me. The tangrowth came from Denmark, from a lovely lady on Instagram.

– Joe

6 Likes

TPCi where quality is job undone.

@regigigagod Yeah just photoshopped that Gyarados to show what I meant and would be insane if real but virtually impossible especially with perfect centered registration, that Tangrowth is crazy!

1 Like

Not particularly. It’s all about finding them at the right time. There’s no supply chain of them haha, they are scattered about since it’s pure luck to pull one from a pack… Other than people that collect them, not many people have more than 1 or 2 if that. All the ones I have came from all different people/sources. Very rarely do I buy more than one miscut card from a single individual.

I would imagine a lot of people toss their miscuts along with crinkle cuts and whatnot “into a shoebox”. It’s not really a misprint, more of just a damaged product

1 Like

@reinasierpe Will do! :blush:

@samsamsamsmsms funny you say that, it doesn’t happen to often with the ones I have, but the venusaur up above was originally found by the previous owner in a box at goodwill. Of all places… Haha, a few other ones I have came from bulk sort of situations as well.

2 Likes

Fun Fact: Did you know Pokemon loves to miscut the trees to make firewood? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Please tell us how this Misscut thread makes you feel in our other thread! :smile:

@regigigagod Your collection is so awesome! I barely see these kind of misprints at all, but well, here they all are - all in your hands. :wink:

Btw, not sure if I’ve asked before, but how long have you been collecting misprints? And how did it started?

Keep the pictures coming. :grin: Oh, and one more question, how large is your misprint collection / how many do you have in total?

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Haha, I’d love to tell you! I don’t want to take them all, but pokemon’s catch phrase suggests otherwise. :stuck_out_tongue:

I first started collecting in 2008 when diamond and pearl sets were the newest sets. I pulled a reverse holo rare roserade from stormfront with 2 pointed corners and I just thought it was the coolest thing! I do still have it, I’ll have to take a picture of it sometime. But basically since then, I’ve always been searching for them. I used to collect hot wheels cars and I collected errors of those as well, so part of my interest in them likely stemmed from that aspect. I did used to collect misprints of all kinds, but roughly 2 years ago I traded/sold off most of my errors to focus on strictly miscuts. I kept 4 error cards that I’ll have to share in my collection thread sometime.

Last I checked, I have roughly 80-90 miscuts, and most if not all show part of another card. :grin: So needless to say, I can definitely keep the pictures coming. :blush:

3 Likes

Happy presidents day! #makemiscutsgreatagain

8 Likes

Woah, that ones double border conjunction looks sick!!

2 Likes

“Watch and Learn…”

11 Likes

Its funny how our interest change over time. As a kid, I would’ve flipped/ cried if I had gotten one of these, especially the Movie Promos with the WB stamp all messed up. As an adult, all I see is RARE, COLLECTIBLE, ONE OF A KIND!!!

5 Likes

Dang… If it wasn’t for those rounded corners I would think someone bought an entire uncut sheet and did the cutting himself… And I love the fact you have both sides of the Sudowoodo (in my top 25 favorite Pokémon btw). :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

That Sudowoodo is amazing!

1 Like

Haha, very true. Rounded corners are key…

They were both pulled from the same booster box. A pair of trainers also exists that fit together from that same box, and they fit together to form a psychics third eye. The seller wouldn’t part with them though unfortunately.

2 Likes

This guy must be cutting up sheets:
www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Severe-Miscut-Energy-8-Card-Set-Ultra-Rare-Mint-Condition-Error-Misprint-/361923863052

Oh and I got this guy in. Kinda cool:

2 Likes