Miscut Cards General Thread

Haha! I picked these up from an ex wotc employee. :blush:

1 Like

what the heck pokemon is gumshoos supposed to be?

8 Likes

Well a Gum Shoe is an old name for a private investigator or detective

1 Like

we’re going to have lot’s of miscuts. maybe there will be a gumshoos, I don’t really know. It will be great and we will not pay a dime. Nintendo will give these miscuts in packs and they are coming through the border, terrible terible miscuts, and it’s bad.

edit* haha I just realized why you posted that picture now… gumshoos is Our honorable president
edit** why does it replace t r u m p with our honorable president

2 Likes

Haha…classic.

1 Like

It used to do that with Our honorable president back when politics were being (and were allowed to be) discussed.

1 Like

Just got this back from PSA

12 Likes

Past few months of the best miscuts I have pulled.

Edit: Fixed link

3 Likes

All my cards are off-center and not miscut, but I still think they’re interesting.

These cards are straighter than I am.

I think the EX cards are pretty cool because you get to see a bit of the artwork that otherwise is trimmed off in the cutting process. The Vaporeon EX is by far my worst off-center, it’s super close to being miscut.

Someone at the Pokemon Company must’ve had an off day! *Badum tiss*

Full sized images for those who want it:
i.imgur.com/r9Kpsjh.jpg
i.imgur.com/3Giqymu.jpg
i.imgur.com/B6uHDst.jpg
i.imgur.com/6UYtwvm.jpg

1 Like

One new one for the list:

4 Likes

#anothaone :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Am I seeing this correctly? the bottom left of the jumbo is cut off?

yep

and the dumasses still inserted it in the packaging.

3 Likes

A side note,this thread confirms to me that TPCi’s quality control is nonexistent. Now I’m not a betting man, but if I were I’d bet a lot of money that the entire process of printing and packaging has zero humans involved, and that it’s entirely mechanical.

I would not bet against you :blush:

Proud to say that I will continue to overpay for these non-human mistakes. Lol

1 Like

Should we consider this a miscut if it was cut off by the pack cutter?!

5 Likes

Yeowch! Poor guy already has a headache!

3 Likes

I personally don’t. I used to own a few just like these and I never considered them to be “true” miscuts.

The term miscut I would say means a more extreme version of an off center card (it shows the alignment dot/portion of the next card, whichever you prefer.) This card is not off center. So I would not say that it’s miscut. It’s missing part of the card, in a way that makes it not even the same size as a regular card. All the other miscuts will still line up to be the same length and width. This happened after the cutter cut the card from the sheet.

I suppose someone could say it’s more of a different type of miscut and classify it that way, but I would still put it under the crimped card category. But let me put it this way; would you call it a square cut too, in addition to being crimped and miscut? A triple error?? :dizzy_face: Nah, no way lol for the same reasons.

2 Likes