Mails from PSA you don't want to receive on your Birthday

Yesterday it was my birthday. I don’t expect anything like presents. Most times I take my kids and their partners out for diner.
This year we stayed at home and got some food delivered, so no dishwashing.

I just got the Pokemon GO order in for the store so we decided to have some fun opening product.
We pulled the Radiant Charizard, so that was nice.
I opened my mailbox to see if there was something I needed to answer and 3 emails from PSA arrived.

Wow from 3 different employes, so perhaps I would get an answer on why one of my orders has been on hold for 10 days now.

1st Email, nothing special some upcharges and I agreed on them.

2nd email (different order as the 1st email). Somehow a card from my januari 2021 order was missing. Yes missing. They told me they will refund the decleared value and in case the card shows up they will slab it. If that happens I need to pay back the refund.
Are you kidding me? But what can I do? It was a card from a friend of mine Full Art Shauna (alt art). Not to expensive but you don’t send cards to get them disappear.

3rd email (another order), really made me sad. I did a 4 card submission with 4 signed cards (by the original artists). The kids were in line for hours back in the days at Worlds to get them signed. One of the cards was damaged during the process.
Out of the 4 there were 2 “more important” ones, and of course on of those is now damaged.
Did they really needed 10 days to let me know my card was damaged? Insane.
I asked several times the last week what is going on with that order on hold. No answers were given and now this.

The damaged card is a Treecko reverse Ruby/Sapphire signed by Ken Sugimori.
The card isn’t that expensive, it’s the memory it’s about.
I don’t know how severe the damage is, I will have to card slabbed and returned to me. it graded a 4/9 (card/authograph)

I hesitated long to send those cards, because they cannot be replaced.
So sad this happened.
Happy Birthday Lia

6 Likes

Wow, really feel sorry for you :slightly_frowning_face:
This makes me realise that the declared value is important to set the correct one in case one of them goes missing, I didnt know that in that case they pay you the declared value

It sounds pretty expensive to me!

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that :slightly_frowning_face:

Sorry, friend - that’s terrible. Sugimori doesn’t sign often so that is a valuable card. I hope PSA makes it right - and happy belated birthday!

I got really excited reading this because I also bought some Pokemon Go booster boxes in celebration of an upcoming event and the radiant charizard got me pumped. But then the PSA notifications made me sad. I’m sorry, that’s so awful!