Billy back at it again with damaging another HIGHER END Card

This card was sent to psa on the Super Express service ($200) with an insured value of $4999.

I’ve graded hundreds of cards with psa and so far only 2 have been damaged, funny enough both were 1st ed base Charizards.
(it hurt me to type that sentence)^

This card before the damage had a STRONG chance at a 9.

I probably won’t be sending any higher value cards to PSA for awhile, because I have none (lol) and because of how bad billy did this grey stamp.

On the day of sending the card, this scan was taken about 2 hours before I mailed it to psa.

Now this damage may look minor, but something like this is the difference between an 8 and a 9 and potentially thousands of dollars.

Thanks for your time, and I still love you PSA but for fucks sake fix your shit! This shouldn’t happen on a Super Express 1 card order!!!111

BEFORE

AFTER

5 Likes

F

5 Likes

Damn, that one hurts.

2 Likes

What a shame…

I know that they are humans, but…

Still a beautiful card but I can only imagine how heartbreaking that is.

OMG…that is just BRUTAL.

Are you sending both pictures to them for explanation?

5 Likes

I’m glad the front still looks juicy AF on this amazing grey stamp zard, but they owe you bigtime messing up that top border. Painful as this really should not be happening.

1 Like

I feel like Billy is that guy at PSA just doing his job, grading Caterpies, when suddenly a wild 1st edition Base set Charizard appears on his table. He looks down and ! :open_mouth: *pulse quickens*

7 Likes

He probably used this Zard as makeshift sanding paper to remove some pizza sauce from one of those Caterpie!

2 Likes

Gotta preserve the pop counts bru

wonder why it was both zards

Gotta. Preserve. The 1st ed shadowless base pops.

1 Like

A moment of silence for the fallen…

Question: what is the process that PSA uses to grade/encapsulate cards?

Do they grade the card first, and THEN encapsulate it? Or do they encapsulate the card first and then issue a grade?

How would they get the label in after it’s been encapsulated? :blush:

Haha. Wasn’t sure if it was a clamshell case where the front and back are two separate pieces. Was thinking maybe they inserted the card into the back piece and then placed the front piece (with the label) over it.

Ouch, I feel like this has happened to me a few times but I’ve never bothered to take proper pics before I’ve sent the cards off

1 Like

Yea it’s a real shame.

I won’t be contacting PSA about the matter because there’s really nothing they can do.

this is a shame. Such a valuable card mishandled. I would be contacting them with the evidence and see what they have to say. That’s unacceptable.