Ludkins UK now is officially PSA UK

Thoughts?

10 Likes

Oh wow. I’ve never graded and still prefer binder collections. But this is huge for the UK to get, but will probably have some really big implications on populations moving forward.

Edit: and EU!

Someone was asking for a middleman the other day IIRC. Problem solved. And Spanish Poliwrath man (sorry I forgot your username) with the big PSA collection. This’ll be great for you going forward!

1 Like

Good news for UK collectors. Next do one for EU :slight_smile:

The announcement says they will extend it for the EU in the future

3 Likes

Makes me really excited to grade with PSA. Grading with PSA from the UK isn’t exactly difficult but your choices were either use a middleman and get put at the back of the queue, or send lots of valuable cards oversees with expensive shipping to get insurance. Having a PSA center to ship to in the UK is amazing.

1 Like

Excellent news!

Good for Barney! He is such a nice guy. Thats great news! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Great news and should be a great service going forward. The light it in sight!

Quite exciting to think they’re planning to open some grading facilities directly in the UK/EU.

5 Likes

Just hopefully that it is treated as subbing direct to PSA and not like a “dealer” where the turnarounds end up wildly different than advertised.

If the turnarounds are the exact same as they would be subbing myself, I am in for this. Cheaper than going direct & saves me the cost of shipping/return shipping internationally.

4 Likes

yup, kinda glad ludkins got something meaningful out of psa middleman basically getting the middlefinger during the pandemic.

and finally… after many years some QoL for EU participants.

7 Likes

I think it is - you create you submission directly on PSA’s website, under your own account. And just ship to the UK address.

2 Likes

Great news! Even more exciting spotting in the brochure that they might have a UK grading site in the near future! :grin::partying_face:

2 Likes

So, you don’t need to pay before shipping, just before grading right?

However the usual PSA system works. I’ve never done a direct sub being in the UK.

Amazing news for UK (and soon EU) customers!

It seems PSA UK won’t offer the Reholster service (edit: at this time), though, which is a shame.

This doesn’t add anything for people in Europe. Better of to send directly to PSA yourself.
Only when the actual grading process will take place in the European continent it’s an option. All other options simply build an extra layer for getting lost in the mail, addding more time your cards are away.

For taxes it doesn’t matter if your slabs return from USA or UK into the EU, taxes are the same. Perhaps it saves you a couple of Euro on the shipping. UK is cheaper to ship to as USA, But that’s about it unless I forget something.

4 Likes

PSA Uk will expan soon in Europe.

2 Likes

And I’m still waiting on my November 2020 submission with them. I bet PSA will have an offic in Euorpe before I ever see those cards back!

As someone who sub’s to PSA directly from the UK, assuming the Turnaround time is the same with this new “PSA UK”, there is a significant cost benefit to subbing with PSA UK.

Normally for me to sub direct to PSA, I pay about ÂŁ45 in shipping out, plus the grading tier that I choose to sub (either $30 (ÂŁ25) or $50 (ÂŁ42)), return shipping comes to another ÂŁ50/60 and you always pay FedEx ÂŁ21 to release the package.

PSA UK looks to be $30 tier for ÂŁ20 (ÂŁ5 saving per card) or $50 tier for ÂŁ42.50 (same), plus ÂŁ1.85 return postage per card. No outgoing mail costs (ÂŁ45+) or ÂŁ21 FedEx fee to discharge the package on return.

I wouldn’t necessarily say it doesn’t add anything for people in Europe - £5 per card plus a £21 saving is a good amount of money for most people - across a 20+ card sub that saving certainly adds up.

The one main downside I do see (from a quick scan) is it looks like PSA UK want payment as soon as your order ships to California instead of the way PSA do it direct which is when the order is complete and ships back to you. Having to pay for grading months in advance can be a negative if you are subbing to sell some cards to cover your costs, for example. Not great having to pay for an order potentially 2-3 months before you even get anything back.

4 Likes