Ludkins UK Middleman Service Bankrupt?

I have roughly 300 cards March 21 with Ludkins UK & Have spent a fortune on fees with PSA UK in last couple months.

Ludkins/PSA UK have always been good to me so I have continued to use them for around 5 years now. At this point id actually be more than happy to get my Ludkins cards back ungraded as I am fed up of waiting. Im just praying we can all start to see regular updates from Ludkins & PSA UK…

3 Likes

Another PSA group Submitter goes AWOL. Ludkins Collectables aka PSA UK appears to be Marx Cards 2.0 - YouTube looks like its a Marx card 2.0 situation, Ludkins (who actually operate under Anthos One Limited - note PSA UK and Ludkins Collectables are just trading names) havent been paying PSA it seems, and as they have gone very quiet with PSA and with us - how do we identify our cards? I doubt we can. Hate to be a pessamist but its looking like court action for UK customers as these actions and changing of trading names and delays and lies are all really bad faith signs. Full disclosure, Ive issued a claim. Id prefer the cards back but Im worried the remaining companies that Barney Ludkins is involved with go bust and then what?

1 Like

I know its been said so many times, it just blows my mind how there is no communication from these companies.

16 Likes

Based on my bias sample size and snooping around IG/E4/FB, I felt there were not many Ludkins USA subs that got returned as most people waiting are still waiting.

Not sure if the UK branch has any direct affiliate with the US branch. It would be cool if churlocker can give some insight to this as he has ignored my messages now.

Charlie isn’t with Ludkins anymore AFAIK.

Ludkins US and Ludkins UK began from the same spark, but they are more or less different companies now.

Peter has been returning US orders, I just got a large single order back this past weekend.

It is absolutely insane if Ludkins/PSA UK announced a ‘official partnership’ with PSA, which PSA confirmed on socials, just for the partnership to turn ugly what, less than 6 months later? Less than 3 months?

batshit insane

2 Likes

Middle man companies dropping faster than NFT’s. :upside_down_face:

Maybe that is what happened, they put the funds into NFT’s and lost it all! :wink:

12 Likes

holy shit, my spreadsheet from Ludkins UK just disappeared in google docs.

2 Likes

How would they lose it all when NFT’s only go up??

1 Like

This thread is a RIDE that never seems to end. I’m just glad I avoided using a middleman.

relevant meme

16 Likes

Same here…didn’t get a chance to screen grab anything either

Edit: managed to screen shot the sub by going onto the home and shows as recently opened, would recommend saving this down!

The thing I don’t understand about all the rebranding is that all the workers are the same right? Its like a company changing their store banner, and you asking about the orders you submitted, and they are like nah that was the previous companies job, I work with the new banner company now.

9 Likes

This was the last response I had to a message asking for an update. I emailed them (Ludkins UK) on 17/09/22 and this email came back exactly a month later on 17/10/22:

“ Hi Josh,

Apologies it has taken this long to get back to you.

Unfortunately, I cannot give you an ETA of your submission back to us.

We’ve been having a series of meetings with PSA to ensure orders are back as soon as possible.

I hope this clears your mind and assure you that your cards are safe and that you will be emailed as soon as we have your cards back with us.”

I’ve no idea what’s going on behind the scenes, but I feel sorry for the customer services team (AFAIK it’s just Thomas & Sabrina) because they’ll be getting absolutely bombarded. Ludkins is quite clearly in trouble, I suspect the lack of transparency is some vain attempt to protect themselves against legal action in case they revealed precisely how they’d mishandled customer funds. Until then their tactic just seems to be to tread water until they can scrape back the orders….Who knows!

PSA still has those cards more then likely, no? Hopefully they will release the cards to the owners. Its hard to identify but I think most of us have pictures and videos of the cards. Surely they cant just keep those cards and deem them lost?

This kinda ruins the hobby for me aswell. If it really goes south then its not only alot of money I lost but I could never look at a pokemon cart the same again honestly.

What I would give to be in the same room with those people from Ludkins saying there is no need to worry and we’ll get the cards back. Bunch of dirty rats

3 Likes

Same here, all the update sheets and my Ludkins folder disappeared, wtf is going on?!

Fortunately I can open my end 2020 submission file, but it is written (in French) “The file is is the owner’s bin. The file will be soon definitively unavailable.[…]” :
ludkins

I managed to copy my sheet.

Yep the live document is gone now for me aswell (=

New meta play is for Barney Ludkins to change his name and create a new company. I hear there is a new middleman in town named Larney Budkins

6 Likes

This will be an important lesson to many. ALWAYS keep copies of important documents. If your source control is in the hands of someone else, you essentially have 0 copies. Glad you copied it

2 Likes

Ive managed to save mine eariler. I really hope PSA give an option for us UK people to pay and get our cards shipped from them directly. Even willing to fly over to collect them

2 Likes

Its actually very common and huge problem. The practice is called pheonixing.

4 Likes