Low-Pop Love

English Championship Arena (Nintendo promo 028), before I graded my 2 copies there was 1 PSA9 & 1 PSA10. My grades where a PSA9 & a PSA10, make 2 of each in existence.

Nowadays there’s 3 of each, still prety low!

For me it has got to be my unlimited Korean Base Set cards

Pikachu has a Pop of 3 and the rest have Pop of 1 :grin:

Also most if not all of the 1st Edition Korean Base Set Commons, Uncommons and trainers on the PSA POP report are POP 1 and i own them.

4 Likes

Legendary Collection has many regular holos with only 1 PSA 10 inc. Charizard and lets not forget regular holo Alakazam that still doesn’t have PSA 10 copy.

1 Like

I was the first person to have a PSA 10 1st Edition Japanese Charizard EX from the FRLG Pre-constructed Decks. I had the only one for about 8-10 months before another one came along, was a pretty good feeling for a relatively popular card.

Just curious, but does anyone know what the highest POP ratio for a pokemon card is? By that, i mean the card with the highest amount of cards sent in, in relation to how many got a 10. For example, the Plasma Storm Blastoise that was mentioned earlier has 86 sent in to PSA, yet only 3 are 10s, making the ratio a whopping ~28:1, which is the highest ive seen at this point. I know there are other factors that make certain cards more or less difficult to actually get a 10 besides report numbers, but im just curious if there is a ratio higher than this.

Im usure of the exact figure but my guess is probably Unlimited Base Charizard. There are multiple thousand of those submitted.

Oh yeah, good point. But i feel like thats so high solely because it was the easiest and first card that people that ever collected pokemon thought to send in. Thats a good example of high ratio, but not high difficulty, necessarily. But very good example.

Oh I missed the ratio part. Potentially the #17 typhlosion. Probabaly like 30 9s and 1 10. Haven’t checked it recently though.

Oh my god, i just checked the total pop report for that typhlosion. 84:1. That literally has to be the highest haha. Congrats on the guy who has it here lol. Wanna sell it for 1,000$? Haha

The only one is in GemMintPokemon collection. He has a complete Neo Set. And it would be worth more than that I can promise you.

Is he actually on this forum? I doubt hed sell it independently lol

He definitely won’t and yes He is here

1 Like

im surprised more people havent attempted the regrade. But yeah, thats probably the best example for a high ratio.

Who is to say that they didn’t?

They have. It’s a terrible card to grade.

Not saying a good amount havent. Im just thinking if the other 80+ people who have an 8 or 9 regraded, at least one more would become a 10, ya know?

I just looked at that card today. Props go to PokemonMaster556 who graded the card initially.

To add to this thread, I have the Prerelease Misty’s Seadra, which is surprisingly POP 1.

Others include the Dark Persian error, OC/MC errors, possibly 4th Print Base 10s (can never really be sure), a few LC holos. I always assumed every card would go up in population. Some cards simply never did. Outside of errors, I think every mass produced English card will be pop 5 eventually.

5 Likes

can i see it

@djgigabyte I completely forgot about the older english pikas :relieved:

This is my favorite of the older english pikas that I own. It was the first year they did the enlglish pikas, pop 1, first PSA 10, and maybe the only PSA 10 english pika (correct me if I’m wrong):

3 Likes