Lottery E cards PROMO, price check

Hi everyone!

As I’ve said in my collection post I’m dealing with a renowned seller who is also selling 2 PSA 10 lottery promo cards from the E cards era for what looks to me a very reasonable price.

1. what is the story behind these cards? how many were distribuited? pop report states 120 copy of the 1st trio exist and 60 of the 2nd gen.

2. how much are they “worth”? do you think this item as already grown to it’s max? do you think it has potencial to grow again?

3. what should be their selling price? I’m seing 180-200$ is the range price for all the PSA 10 but charizard, which sells for 700$ in PSA10, am I right?

I hope this will be interesting to read for new collectors as me :blush:

1 Like

Gen 2 ones are worth between 100/125 a piece according to last couple PWCC’s.

Gen 1 fair prices
Blastoise $200
Venusaur $150
Charizard should be Over $600

Edit: i paid $90 for raw Stoise that looked Gem, graded Gem.
$65 for Raw venusaur that looked Gem, graded Gem.
and $160 for Charizard that wasnt in Gem condition and graded 9 - Card had flaws.(Sold it).

2 Likes

wow i thought they costed way more! do you know the story behind them?

They tend to show up really high on bin and go low on auction. For the non charizords expect to pay closer to $100 on auction and closer to $200 if you bin.

From bulbapedia:

In Japan, the card was reprinted as a Cosmos Holofoil P Promotional card, and was one of three cards available as part of the Starter Triple Get Campaign . The Starter Triple Get Campaign required people collect 3 proof of purchase seals from Pokémon-e Starter Decks (only 1 was present on each deck), and send them to the Pokémon Company affixed to a postcard. Five lotteries were held during the campaign period, which ran from December 1, 2001 until April 30, 2002. 2,000 sets of cards were distributed to drawn entrants in each lottery, making a total of 10,000 sets available. 5,000 of these were Red Green Course sets, which contained this card, Venusaur, and Charizard. The other 5,000 were Gold Silver Course sets, containing Meganium, Feraligatr, and Typhlosion. The lotteries were held on December 31, 2001; January 31, 2002; Fe

1 Like

so 5000 set were distribuited? O.O I thought much much much less!