looking to purchase a 1st edition base charizard PSA 10

Hey guys, I’m looking to purchase a 1st edition base Charizard PSA 10. Looking to spend around 32k-35k usd depending on thick or thin stamp and quality of the card. I’m willing to Pay via paypal F&F. Ideal is to meet in person to do the transaction. I can meet you anywhere in the USA and Canada.

Please follow me on Instagram @pokemoncard_99 if you want to work out a deal.

thank you,

Ryan 

(pokemoncard\_99) IG
6 Likes

Sorry Ryan but that’ll never happen. There’s too many others that will pay 40-60k depending on thin/thick and strong/weak.

10 Likes

A Zard recently auctioned for that amount from Australia but you are unlikely to replicate that price unless another is auctioned on eBay.

2 Likes

@pokemonrj ,@garyis2000 ,@shizzlemetimbers , thanks for the response I may have to wait for another one on ebay pops up.

1 Like

LMAO 40-60k… I know you have a few mate but the last one went for 36k so it’s a fair offer :wink: like a syndicate in here yall

4 Likes

Gary probably didn’t realize OP was trying to buy one with a cracked case. Lol

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153766451543

3 Likes

I predicted that one would sell for less than the norm because it was from Australia and had a $500 shipping fee, which deters people more than $500 worth. It’s just human psychology.

People should be expecting to pay $40k+ for a good PSA 10 1st edition Base Set Charizard (not a “weak” 10, no problems with the case, etc).

I do believe that a strong, thick stamp 10 could approach the $50k mark.

I personally haven’t seen any offers approaching $60k, but if Gary is saying that I’m not doubting him. No doubt he gets more offers than anyone else.

Am I the only one seeing that the 36k zard has a crack in it? This is a gigantic deterrent because it could be damaged from the crack and requires a recase by PSA where it has another chance to get damaged.

3 Likes

^ Yes, a crack in the case means that if it was re-submitted to PSA, it would have to be re-graded, and it would not be a guaranteed 10.

That is a much bigger deterrent than just the $500 shipping from Australia!

If people think that this one sale means they’re suddenly in for a discounted Charizard, they’re likely to be disappointed.

1 Like

A meme sometimes talk more:

12 Likes

From what I understand, the crack damaged the integrity of the case meaning that the card will need to be regraded before it is re-cased, there is no guarantee the crack has not damaged the card and there is no guarantee that the card receives the 10 again. What are you paying 36K for if you’re not getting these guarantees?

6 Likes

Some people just love to gamble!

1 Like

www.ebay.com/itm/PSA-10-MINT-Pokemon-1st-Edition-Charizard-Blastoise-Venusaur-1999-Shadowless-LOT/283748585307?hash=item4210bbcf5b:g:vrkAAOSwGsheJLQf

Here you can get a psa 10 1st ed zard, blast, and ven for under 60K.

9 Likes

You would pay $36,000.00 for it with a cracked case that may have affected the card or may get regraded a 9. The hobby needs more @xjh7’s LMAO. LOL

3 Likes

I’m just sitting here freaked out at the fact that 3 people who liked your comment all have the same exact profile pic lol

oh wow and there’s another user who commented in the thread with the same profile pic too :laughing: the shining tyranitar madness is real

Those are some of the weakest PSA 10s I’ve ever seen! And as a collective more expensive than buying them all individually.

Weakest 10s ever? What are you talking about? Zard there is zero chance you can tell what holo looks like so throw that out. Centering looks fine maybe a little shifted to right. Back I see zero whitening.

@xjh7, might like them :wink:

Eh, Char/Stoise are a little OC but still passable

Char/Venusaur have very minor corner whitening

The only one which is meh is blastoise since it’s OC and has minor corner/edge whitening. Definitely not even close to the weakest 10s I’ve ever seen though

Both the Blastoise and Venusaur, while maybe still in spec centering-wise for a 10, are off centered top/bottom and left/right enough for me that they look deserving of 9s.