List of Play! Pokémon Prize Pack Cards

I don’t see that Victini from battle styles being in series one, as it would also be in series two, since series two has all the battle styles cards from series 1. Plus the Victini from SWSH base is more playable, and these prize packs are supposed to have playable cards, I could always be wrong, but I doubt the battle styles Victini being in the set.

I have packed the non-holo Malamar so can confirm that exists. There is also a few of them for sale on cardmarket.
I cannot find any of the other 5 you have listed on ebay or cardmarket though.
Have you had any luck confirming they exist since your post?
I keep changing the order of my master sets to accommodate these and it’s getting very annoying moving everything around…
Thanks in advance

Hi,
I messaged every person on cardmarket (who list the battle styles one as available) who was selling the Victini V, and each of them confirmed they actually had the SSH version and apologised for the listing error. Not everyone replied, but the replies were consistent.
I think it is a cardmarket error, and that the BST version does not exist.
Can anyone confirm?

I have also called and messaged different stores with listings and everyone had the same issue with the Victini V. Everyone has the Sword Shield base set version but no one has the Battle Styles. So we’re in the same boat.

Still have not found proof for my other 5.

In regards to Malmar, did yours come from a Series Two pack? I also have the non-holo, but I believe it is only available in Series 2. Never saw proof from Series 1. It’s weird how they changed up some variants for Series 2. Like Octillery in Series 2 now has a holo, and same with Houndoom. But they didn’t in Series 1 to my knowledge.

Checking back in with some data on card prices. You stated it was a horrible idea to wait to buy these cards. The best time to buy is always tomorrow when it comes to modern… 99% of the time. Here are some snap shots of market prices:
Umbreon VMAX

Espeon VMAX crashing hard with each sale, as the listed prices are $30 cheaper than market

Umbreon V

The only exception is Charizard VMAX and Pikachu VMAX. Every other card has fallen in price over the past 3 months. Suggesting to buy now before it goes up sounds very 2020/2021. That era is over.

4 Likes

I’m so happy that era is finally over. Now if genera card prices could go down to pre pandemic that’d be nice too.

4 Likes

Both came from series 1 packs, I haven’t opened any series 2 yet.
Interestingly I’ve just checked my swaps and I have 3 swaps of the holo version Malabar but none of the non-holo, which would suggest the non-holo one is perhaps quite a lot rarer.
Given that this list seems to be the only one that anyone has attempted to compile properly I see it as the definitive go to guide! So anything that doesn’t exist I’d feel a lot happier if it could be removed.
I know Stephen is looking at updating the list soon.

I know Series Two is still a work in progress, but want to share anyways. Found a Lumineon V from Series Two!

4 Likes

Comparing list to collection and noticed Ice Rider VMAX wasn’t noted for Series 2 - opened it myself from a Series 2 pack.

Posting my personal setlists here. I’m sure my Series Two is incomplete, still so hard to know what cards exist and which don’t. Plus there could easily be more we don’t know about. My lists are also ordered by type, then pokedex order, then alphabetical for trainers. So my list is in the style you would see for a current set.

My list for Series One differs from the elitefourum list by removing:

1. Altaria (Evolving Skies #106) (HOLO)
  2. Cape of Toughness (Darkness Ablaze #160) (non-holo)
  3. Bunnelby (Darkness Ablaze #150) (non-holo)
  4. Bird Keeper (Darkness Ablaze #159) (non-holo)
  5. Malamar (Chilling Reign #70) (non-holo)

My Series Two list differs by removing any card that already existed in Play Series One. I have also added a few cards that I have found or seen on TCGPlayer but not 100% sure of their existence. These include:

1. Dusknoir Holo BRS
  2. Lucario Holo BRS
  3. Inteleon VMax FST
  4. Honchkrow V BRS
  5. Medicham V ES
  6. Lumineon V BRS

In an effort to try and ensure I had all the Series 1 cards I could get, I went and bought non-holo Turbo Patch and Bird Keeper from various higher feedback sellers on TCGPlayer, but none of them were actually non Holo on confirmation. Lends some credibility that these cards are only Holo variants.

Also, I can confirm Medicham V and Honchkrow V both have prize pack variants (have at least seen both). Will get a picture of my own Medicham when I get a chance

1 Like

1 Like

Found a picture of Whimsicott Vstar, I believe Whimsicott V also exists based on TCGPlayer.

Both the V and Vstar are not on the master setlist yet. But I have updated my personal list to include them.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the updates and feedback. I’ve amended both lists to reflect the new cards seen, and confirmed a bunch of ones not to exist in Seres One.

In regards to the Lucario and Dusknoir “Holo Rare” on TCGplayer, it seems that they use the original set rarity (both were holo in Brilliant Stars) as default for the listings so we can’t confirm them that way. None of my local players have seen these cards as holo yet, but if anyone sees a photo of these cards as holo please let me know.

Hi, I have also got a non-holo Malamar of Chilling Reign #70 from a series 1 pack. I don’t have a video of opening it, so no actual proof unfortunately, but so far I have not opened a series 2 pack to get them confused or anything.

1 Like

Thanks for the update Stephen.
Couple of things I’ve spotted:
The new version still has the holo version of Altaria EVS 106. Should that still be on there?
Bulbapedia now has a list. It isn’t as good as yours as it doesn’t break them down into holo/non-holo versions. Interestingly though, it does have a Marshadow 080 EVS and Boltund VMAX 104 FST listed, both of which are missing from this spreadsheet. I can’t find either of these on cardmarket or eBay, but something to look out for maybe?

Do you have a picture of the card?

Sure:

Jacob Quinn might be the first in the world to share a video of a complete (looks like it) set of Series One cards. Congrats to them!

Link to Facebook video

5 Likes

Proof of Boltund VMax existing

1 Like