List of Play! Pokémon Prize Pack Cards

Maybe they think this will be enough to not reprint Year 2 sets anymore since all the playable cards can be found in these packs or whatever.

Bronzong non holo does exist, did you mean bronzong holo? I havn’t been able to find the holo version but can find the non holo version.
s-l400 (4)

Yes typo, my bad. The non-holo is the one that I can find. The holo hasn’t been spotted to my knowledge

Update: Added 2 new ones to my list. Cannot find any versions of these 2 non-holo versions of these cards anywhere.

Not much happening on the Series Two side of things. Are stores still working through their supply of Series One?

@Llyrwenne US stores got Series One about a month after the UK, most of them might not have received Series Two yet.

Happy to confirm that Series Two is probably around 90% complete now, just waiting on a few ultra rare Pokemon (we can presume there is an Arceus V as we’ve seen Arceus VSTAR). Still a massive set, but should be around 30-40 cards smaller than Series One, due to that having included all of the 2020 sets as a bonus. Play! Pokémon Prize Packs - Set Lists - Google Sheets

For those looking for the stamped Mew, Gengar etc cards, don’t rush to pay the crazy prices now. It’s extremely likely that they’ll be reprinted again in Series Three this August, and I’ve been told a second wave of Series Two will be due at some point in the next couple months. Also worth noting that a lot of places in mainland Europe, only got Series One recently (or still waiting), four months after Series One first dropped in the UK.

6 Likes

Interesting that the stock has been so staggered around the world.

1 Like
  1. Altaria (Evolving Skies #106) (HOLO)
  2. Bronzong (Battle Styles #102) (HOLO)
  3. Cape of Toughness (Darkness Ablaze #160) (non-holo)
  4. Bunnelby (Darkness Ablaze #150) (non-holo)
  5. Bird Keeper (Darkness Ablaze #159) (non-holo)
  6. Malamar (Chilling Reign #70) (non-holo)

These are the outstanding cards that I still cannot seem to find existence of. Has anyone seen them?

Couple things Folks…

1. If you think Pokémon are going to make the exact same cards for series 2, 3, 4 etc…
    ANSWER : You’re either crazy in the head on common sense and logic -or- you are completely stupid.
  2. If you think that waiting to buy Series 1 is a good idea…
    ANSWER : IT IS NOT ! Horrible Idea, the cards are only going to increase in price and the print run is horrendously small…Cause that’s a recipe to get them cheaper !? Wait for the resealed pack…C’mon ppl !
  3. Anyone who buys series 2 or 3 or 4 …for MORE $$$ than series 1…is probably not the smartest person. Odds for ANY 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc… historically (Doesn’t matter what the product is : Movies, sports cards, Pokemon, etc…) always is less in value and never if ever rarely does it become anything of worth. FIRST AND ORIGINAL IS ALMOST ALWAYS NEVER DUPLICATED IN POPULARITY/ COMPARISON.
  4. POKEREV only got them from 3rd party. POKEREV himself could not fetch these without a 3rd party. So most probably his packs were searched or weighed. ALMOST GUARANTEED. FYI …Pokerev is so 2020.
  5. If you are going to wait…Wait for Series 5 or 6 where there is more likely to be a huge change or error of somesort.
  6. The ONLY way to obtain these Pokémon Prize packs are for your local leagues and tournaments.
  7. THE ONLY QUESTION should be…Is there a difference from Series to Series? Otherwise all the other questions are petty.

First off, welcome to e4. I have some rebuttals.

1. They are including some of the same cards in series 1 and 2. We are not crazy in the head or stupid (not sure who you are even talking about, this is your first post on the forum). All the Eeveelutions are in both series 1 and 2, the same exact cards, and so are several others.
  2. Waiting to buy series 1 is a great idea. The prices for cards that are in both series are already crashing hard.
  3. The number of the series doesn’t matter at all (look at pop series 5). It’s all about the cards that are in the set.
  4. You can’t search these packs, they are not weighable at all. They all include the same number of holo cards. Only players or shop owners got them first hand. Everyone else bought them on eBay.
  5. I don’t get why series 5 or 6 will be any better.
  6. This is correct, or buy on eBay like 95% of collectors are doing.
  7. 5 out of the 6 questions above had flaws to it, so yes there are more important questions.
13 Likes

What a bold first post. Welcome to e4!

10 Likes

About the first one… It is important to remember Prize Packs are not a Collecting Set. They are a playera set. I think the reason all before Battle Styles was not printed again IS because rotation makes that Cards illegal Next rotation is Next year so… Yeah…

1 Like

Welcome to e4, try not to call people crazy in the head for having speculative opinions. Bit unnecessary fella

6 Likes

Greetings and welcome to E4. May you have a lovely and engaging time with other collectors here on E4.

Nice first post, and I feel @eeveeteam already has some great counter points to have a further in-depth discussion on. I also have the same opinions on points 2 and 3.

I believe it’s a great idea to wait since the prices usually crash / stabilize after the initial hype period. After release of series 2, the prices of series 1 will probably or most likely lower with a great opportunity to buy in at reasonable prices. So also, the popularity of a series depends on the cards it will have. Does not matter if it was not from the first series.

Thanks for the first post.

Cheers!

It looks like there is a slight mistake on the spreadsheet for series 2. Kricketune V is listed as BRS, but the only Kricketune V is from BST. I assume that’s the one that should be listed?

2 Likes

Looks like there may be 2 Victini V’s from Prize Series One. I still don’t have the Battle Styles one, so I can’t prove it’s real yet, but just scooped up this sword shield version which is the version listed on Pokebeach’s list of prize series one cards.

1 Like

*List on Pokebeach website.
A select few put a ton of work in compiling the set list, and turned it over to him.

On the Victini note, this is news to me as well

I think the one on the right is fake. It seems to have the “TM” on the bottom right of the PLAY! logo. I’ve never seen any of the cards from the packs have the TM symbol.

I never noticed before but it seems that every card has the TM symbol. You don’t see it on most V’s because of the black border.

1 Like

Huh. Well there goes my theory. Would be nice if they officially confirmed the set list.