List of Play! Pokémon Prize Pack Cards

Oh wow didn’t realize any of the cards were like that, this changes thing!
I’m currently trying to Master the set, who knows if it’ll be possible or what cards are missing

Really hope a list of what’s in Series 2 comes out soon, I need to know!!

Here is a video of some Series 2 packs. It confirms some Evolving Skies are in both series 1 and 2.

1 Like

I just watched that, don’t think I saw any Fusion Strike cards in that opening at least. Need to see a lot more of those opened!

This is one of the most externally clicked threads on the forum, clearly it has filled a need for a lot of people. Great work @professorstephen !

10 Likes

We’re famous!

In all seriousness, it is nice that this thread has so much info, but it also sucks that there’s so little info/official confirmation in this modern day. This feels like it would’ve ended up like the Japanese unnumbered promos in terms of info being sparse scattered everywhere if not for the thread.

Thank you! Series Two will be added to the spreadsheet later this month. Waiting on my League’s packs and more video openings.

In terms of the non-holos from Series One, I will need to spend some time going through all the videos and amending the list.

Series Two packs have started to arrive in the UK, thanks to a lovely man at London Card Show we already know around 100 of the cards included and more will be added over the coming weeks.

View here: Play! Pokémon Prize Packs - Set Lists - Google Sheets

Few fun observations and things to note with Series Two:

• Includes Pokemon from sets between Battle Styles and Brilliant Stars, including (it looks like all) of the Eeveelutions from Evolving Skies we saw in Series One. Notably there are a bunch of Item cards from Sword & Shield base set (Rare Candy, Energy Switch etc), possibly because they are getting new prints in upcoming Scarlet & Violet sets/decks in Japan so they are staying Standard legal.
  • So far all of the obvious popular and strong Pokemon candidates from Fusion Strike and Brilliant Stars are included, including Charizard VSTAR, Arceus VSTAR and Mew V (presumably VMAX also). Still waiting to hear about Gengar V/VMAX.
  • Basic Energy cards (including Reverse Foil) are back but they are using the Brilliant Stars style, so slight change from from the Series One Basic Energy cards.
  • I’ve updated the spreadsheet to include which Pokemon and Trainer cards are exclusively holo or non-holo. I will get around to updating Series One, but will take a while to get that data as people are less likely to sell/share images of non-holo cards.

If you see videos or examples of cards not currently listed for Series Two please send me a message!

6 Likes

Thank you again for setting this up!

One small note - ‘Wormadam BRS 011’ should be ‘Wormadam BRS 010’.

1 Like

Thanks for doing this. If it weren’t for this, I probably would only know that the set exists and that’s that.

1 Like

Currently compiling a list of Prize Series One cards that I haven’t been able to find, possibly don’t exist, will continue to update as I search more. If anyone has seen these cards, let me know!

Cards that may not exist:

1. Regieleki (Evolving Skies #60) (HOLO)

2. Dedenne (Darkness Ablaze #78) (Non-Holo)

3. Pumpkaboo (Evolving Skies #76) (Non-Holo)

4. Polteageist (Darkness Ablaze #83) (Non-Holo)

5. Falinks (Rebel Clash #109) (Non-Holo)

6. Crobat (Battle Styles #91) (HOLO)

7. Spiritomb (Chilling Reign #103) (Non-Holo)

8. Altaria (Evolving Skies #106) (HOLO)

9. Nessa (Vivid Voltage #157) (Non-Holo)

10. Peonia (Chilling Reign #149) (HOLO)

11. Turbo Patch (Darkness Ablaze #172) (Non-Holo)

12. Zinnia’s Resolve (Evolving Skies #164) (HOLO)

13. Impact Energy (Chilling Reign #157) (HOLO)

14. Cape of Toughness (Darkness Ablaze #160) (Non-Holo)

2 Likes

I feel like the first set flew under the radar (at least to me). Didn’t even know this series existed until a friend called me up and said his aunt and uncle gave him some cards they found in a new house they’d just moved into. I guess the previous owner left a lot of things behind and among those were over 120 sealed packs of series one. Lol Needless to say my friend was pretty happy.

Yeah. Unless you play at tournaments/your LGS you probably wouldn’t really know about it. It doesn’t contain new cards and you can’t buy it in stores. Well that and no real announcement about them either.

Interesting that the person left 120 packs. Wonder if they owned a store or something.

Why do you think they pushed this into LGSs without an announcement?

As for the 120 packs, yeah we think the seller must have owned a shop or something like that. He never got anything else from his relatives, so it’s odd that just the series one packs were left behind. You’d think if the guy owned a shop and left things, it’d be more than just the series one stuff. Idk. Was very weird.

I think all the mad party cards can only be found as holo, this would make a non-holo Bunnelby non existent.

1 Like

I have no idea why Pokémon does what it does. But I’m guessing that since it’s just for players who compete in tournaments there’s no need for an announcement that reaches out to collectors too. It’s also not new cards so nothing really to hype up.

i personally haven’t seen a Cape of Toughness non-holo, have you?

I have not either, I’ll add it to my list

I don’t think we have seen a bunnelby non holo either.

So my current list based on the current spreadsheet for series one has these as possibly non-existent:

1. Altaria (Evolving Skies #106) (HOLO)
  2. Bronzong (Battle Styles #102) (HOLO)
  3. Cape of Toughness (Darkness Ablaze #160) (non-holo)
  4. Bunnelby (Darkness Ablaze #150) (non-holo)
  5. Bird Keeper (Darkness Ablaze #159) (non-holo)
  6. Malamar (Chilling Reign #70) (non-holo)
  7. Galarian Zigzagoon (Sword and Shield #117) (non-holo)
  8. Galarian Mr. Rime (Darkness Ablaze #36) (non-holo)