Likelihood of BGS 9.5 to PSA 10

Hi everyone. I currently have a high value card that was graded with Beckett at 9.5. While the value is substantial the increase to PSA 10 is pretty massive. I already put in quite a bit of money into the Beckett grading and now am on the line of doing the psa crossover. What is the likelihood it would translate to a 10? My grades were 9.5,9.5,10,9 (surface). Thank you for any insight.

Also because of its high value would I need to do the $200 2 day service?

9.5 quads are often going cross to a PSA 10. But the 9 on surface is probably going to keep it from crossing. Getting a 9 on surface means there was notable print lines/scratching or some other defect. Probably enough of a defect(s) to keep it from crossing to a PSA 10.

4 Likes

Odds of a cross to a PSA 10 with a sub-grade of 9 (for any sub-grade really) are very low.

If you try to cross the card while it’s still in the BGS slab then your odds are that much lower. Very small chance IMO.

1 Like

Worth the chance though, if this is the Lugia you’re talking about

Is the crossover more likely if you break the quad 9.5 out of the case before sending to PSA?

By all accounts I’ve heard on this matter - yes.

1 Like

For sure, but do you trust yourself to crack out a 5 figure card from its case? Id be shitting bricks.

2 Likes

With any 9 subgrade, there’s really no chance of a PSA 10 crossover. Lots of people with originally graded PSA 9 cards are trying to cross them over to BGS 9.5 for the implied value increase. Doesn’t sound like there’s too much more you can do for you card.

Thank you for the insight. Saves a me some anxiety :blush:

__< I know right. I was looking at the case and just said “Hell no.”

thank you for enlightening me mr.enlightenedbulba