Kouki Saitou signing at Baltimore Regionals

From my experience there is usually both. I’m guessing the signature will be between $20 - $50 per card. As far as a limit, I think that depends on how the illustrator is feeling and how many people show up. I’d consider myself to be lucky to get 3 or 4 signatures. Heck, just having the opportunity to go is a blessing!

2 Likes

Ah yeah, that all makes sense! And definitely, being able to go is awesome, and even getting one signed card is incredible for anyone I’d say. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’d be eternally grateful if you could get me a card signed, but people commented before me here so I say if you’re doing it they got dibs haha.

I sold most of my raw saitou cards and now have to try and find some a mint copy of cherry blossom, tea party, and comedian pika. Way harder than I thought itd be. :pensive:

What else is there to at these events btw?

1 Like

For those asking for their cards to get signed; we are waiting for rules to be announced. In the past, there were conditions that limited how many cards could be signed, only personalization, sketches were hit and miss, etc. A few members in the past have opened up a proxy service for those that could not attend, and it is up to them whether or not that will be available again. It’s all contingent on rules. Once we hear, I’m sure it will be blasted within a matter of minutes. Thx

12 Likes

I’m going to do my best to try and get the skyridge charizard box topper signed to go with my LC box topper zard signed by arita

1 Like

Having the Kouki Saitou Piplup and Empoleons signed would be a dream- easily some of my favorite arts in my collection.

Personal matters mean my attendance is still up in the air, but I’m eagerly awaiting the rules for this one.

1 Like

I’ll be there! Looking forward to meeting everyone who is going. This will be great as I wasn’t able to make it to Worlds this year.

5 Likes

If the rules allow enough cards to be signed I’d consider offering a proxy for people. I would be willing to go and travelling international so just need to be able to get enough cards signed to justify all the expense so hopefully its a realistic limit with all the iconic art he has done.

1 Like

I’m torn on going. I remember hearing how rough the last signing was in 2019 in Dallas with really long lines and not much else to do. I can only imagine it being 10x worse this year.

3 Likes

I’ll be attending the event. Originally I had to think about it but realized since this is only a 4 hour ride from NYC, I’ll probably wont have another chance like this for a while.

I already booked a hotel room and bought some cards I want to get signed so all that’s left is to register for the event in a few days.

Since I’m also going with my GF, I’ll probably make it like a mini vacation as well.

This will be my first ever Pokémon event (I’ve never even been to a local organized league before) so it’s exciting to meet Kouki Saitou at regional’s for my first time.

3 Likes

Understandable as I was there at Fukudas event. Maybe it’s not about stuff to do, or waiting in line, but the friends we talk to for years online we get to see in person for a weekend. I’ll save your spot in line.

2 Likes

I think people wondering about other stuff to do may not realize you can… Compete in the Regional Championship? That’s actually the main event lmao. It’s not listed on Pokémon.com as “Signing + a Pokemon tournament on the side”

If you have no idea how to play, it’s not too late to learn, and you might have a great time at the tournament! Regionals are open to everyone and while they are competitive there will still be beginners there. It will also only be on Saturday so take up just one day (extends to Sunday depending on your performance on Saturday)

6 Likes

There’s a chance I’ll be there to compete but I’m coming from Thailand that week so it may be difficult for me. I’m trying to go to this particular Regional though since I’m very comfortable in the current meta, since Lost Origin won’t be legal by Baltimore.

I hate lines but if it’s not a hassle I’ll probably try to get an ex card signed by him.

1 Like

Thank you @gengarbrigade for creating the thread!! I’m the person organizing the artist event, so I’ll update here as often as updates are available.

The update to come hopefully within 2 days will contain quantities, scheduling, demonstrations, and pricing.

As a heads up, we are trying something different with the queuing this year so that we can have the maximum number of people possible participate in the artist event and also be able to enjoy the other events and interact with each other. If you play, there will be a main event and side events, with lots of prizes allocated for side events. If you don’t play, there will be vendors, though far fewer than people who attend sales shows like Collect a con normally see. I’d always recommend bringing trades! If the new queuing system fails, the fallback will be a general line.

The number one question I get is if I can help get signatures, or if there is a mail-in service. Unfortunately, the answer to both is no. Please attend yourself or find someone participating who is willing to go for you!

Thanks everyone!!! Looking forward to it!

21 Likes

Thanks for putting it together!

3 Likes

Im excited but nervous too attend since i rarely travel, especially alone but I dont want to miss this opportunity to meet saitou so im glad i booked the trip. On another note, does anyone plan on competing for funsies? I would prefer tcg but pogo seems more cost effective for me. Hope to meet some of ya’ll there!

5 Likes

I also don’t like traveling alone, but there are already numerous e4 members who have booked for Baltimore that can keep you company! Whenever it gets closer to the event we can coordinate meet ups for anyone attending, similar to worlds!

6 Likes

I would love that! Thanks!

2 Likes

I haven’t been to a regional since 2013, or done a Pokemon signing ever. If I want to play in the main tournament, would I still be able to get the signing in? Or would I not have enough time in between rounds for both?

1 Like