Kouki Saitou signing at Baltimore Regionals

I know a lot has been said already on the bad things of the signing, but i just want to say that truly I had an amazing time with my friends through it all. A LOT of emotions ran through me this weekend ranging from joy, bliss, anger, rage, pain, sadness, and even gratitude, but what mattered to me most was that I got to experience all of that with my good friends. Sometimes we get hung up too damn much on getting things and our wants as collectors, but i think a lot would agree with me here in saying that the journey is truly the part of this which is the most meaningful.

Overall, this was an experience that i wont forget, and for better or worse im glad i was able to spend it with friends and people i love. I hope some others can of course see this and feel the same.

14 Likes

Also I just wanted to post this because this means a lot to me. Me and Saitou with our matching poncho plushies :heart:

27 Likes

These pics are more valuable than the signatures! :heart:

16 Likes

Glad the E4 group had a good time despite the negatives I read about. I personally think the time spent making good memories is worth more than the autos but it was awesome to hear nobody leaving empty-handed as well.

6 Likes

Overall I was able to get 5 total, posted one earlier and here are another 2

Thanks to @gengarbrigade for his generous help

16 Likes

Oh my god. This is everything

2 Likes

An incredible weekend overall. The highlight really was hanging out with all the amazing people from E4. It’s strange to meet someone for the first time and feel like you’ve known them for years and instantly be friends, but I’m getting used to that by now!

14 Likes

These cards signed are awesome and love seeing the sketches. I will say though that it’s too crowded for my taste now with the date and personalization. Especially the sketch versions. But I know that was by design to try and make these unsellable and personal collection items.

1 Like

All of these e4 pics are so wholesome :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

The thing that warmed my heart the most was how pfm and others went out of their way to make sure everyone from E4 that was there got sigs.

Goes to show the value of being on here

10 Likes

Should be noted that @nicewipe and @qwachansey helped out @candle too

7 Likes

Yeah, a serious shoutout to @pfm, @nicewipe (might be discord only?) and @qwachansey for putting me on their backs this weekend and making sure no efourian was left behind in Baltimore.

Nicewipe @'ed me on discord to share the surprise and I seriously thought I was being punked. I can’t understate the meaningfulness of the gesture - completely unprompted. At an event where there were plenty of people willing to do whatever it took to load up on signatures, there were also people like these three helping on behalf of others. It’s a wonderful feeling to be thought of like this and it makes the card that much more special.

Another shoutout to PFM for offering up his childhood copy of the EXRS Blaziken to match my Harada-signed Sceptile. Now just the Swampert to go :frog:

And finally, shout out to @qwachansey for stealthily getting my card selections and first name for the personalization ahead of time. I was none the wiser lmaoo

22 Likes

No one left behind!! :people_hugging:

8 Likes

Thank you to everyone involved in putting on the event.

Im sure lessons will be learned for running the next one smoother and hopefully each event is better then the last.

3 Likes

I’ve done a lot of bitching but I’m really happy to have this Feraligatr. Thank you @fourthstartcg for trading it to me on day 1.

15 Likes

The one regret i have, aside from not introducing myself to most of you, is not getting saitous sig in english. It looks SO much better than I thought it would.

3 Likes

We were all new once. I know sometimes social anxiety for some can play a part, but there are great people in e4 that would have loved to get to know you, myself included. Next time, please feel free to come up to us, we’d love to chat!

4 Likes

Social anxiety was definitely the reason lol. Hopefully ill get over that by next time.

5 Likes

Hi

17 Likes

Wooper

2 Likes