Korean Base Set

Well, there we go.

I assume the print run must of been very shortlived for Korean unlimited cards, just like Chinese we’re.

Thanks for the picture abv.
So the Unlimited print run must have been very short lived, like you say. Maybe we can get more info from translating that article. Hopefully, there will be more interest in the Unlimited print run so that more cards can be uncovered in the future.

The chances of finding these cards would be so much higher if we could some how find a way to get in contact with a Korean TCG community. This blog - cafe.naver.com/pokemontcg - might have what we are looking for, but unfortunately, the only way to log in is to use a registered Korean phone number. I will see if I can work a way around it and get an account to contact some of the collectors there.

thanks to Tony^ I bagged a nice Korean Mewtwo

3 Likes

Well, if anyone happens to have a Korean phone number or ID of some sort, I have a blog that I would like to access. If anyone can make an account for me, I can search around the trade forum and see what I can find.
cafe.naver.com/pokemontcg.

Much appreciated!

I managed to become a part of the community on the blog! If someone is able to translate for me, I can ask around for Base set cards and see what people know or have. Please let me know if you can translate from English to Korean! Thanks!

if no one can just use google translate, even though that thing is highly inaccurate lol

I think I will do that, but also post in English since many Koreans can speak English too.

@tonysandlin I purchased a Korean unlimited Raichu today. The guy who sold it to me said it is in mint condition. We will have to wait and see but I will post pictures as soon as it gets here!

1 Like

Oh, very cool! How did you find it? I have a Voltorb and Electrode coming my way soon. I have to give them my 1st edition’s though so I’ll need a replacement Electrode :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll have to find out where they obtained their unlimited cards.

Looking forward to the picture!

Through ebay. I was buying another card and then asked him if he had any more Chinese/Korean cards left. Turns out he had this Raichu…

Oh, very cool! Lucky find!

1 Like

5 Likes

Looks awesome! You sure got lucky :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

*drools* Oh my goodness…it’s so beautiful…

1 Like

@garyis2000

Does a card like this stand any chance of being authenticated by PSA?

Hi mate if it is up for sale or trade I could be very interested in…

Sure mate

Just to let every one know: the Magneton is not for sale. :wink:

1 Like

I still consider this set to be one of the rarest. It’s incredible how few of these there seem to be. It would be amazing to see a full complete set, even if they are bits and pieces from multiple collectors.

5 Likes