Korean Unlimited Base Set Theme Decks

Been trying to find more info on this, have read from past thread that any Korean Unlimited is super hard to find as there was a ban? and it wasn’t lifted for a while so the print run was super low

www.elitefourum.com/t/korean-base-set/11791/1
www.elitefourum.com/t/korean-unlimited-base-set/15669/1

From what it seems like finding Booster boxes and loose packs are impossible to find. My question is what about Theme Decks? It seems like most of the graded holos in PSA are from theme decks so although hard to find it’s not impossible.

Has anyone brought a Theme deck before? Or know of someone that has one?

The only one I can find are the Korean Starter deck and even those are in few in listing.

Would love to know if any fellow collectors has any more info on this. This is super niche so I don’t expect a lot of answers.

1 Like

I have around 9 Korean Unlimited graded cards and a sealed starter deck box.

I remember a good few years ago, about 2 or 3 unlimited Korean base set packs went for sale on eBay. Never seen a box before, not even a picture of it.

The starter decks will only come with Machamp inside.

I thought the 1st Edition Korean was difficult, Unlimited is a different game.

I assume this is what you are looking for?

1 Like

Wow, lucky buyer who got that lol.

I think that what’s so appealing about it, the fact that’s so hard to find. Quite rewarding when you do find some, plus the charterers do look very nice.

That is the theme decks, I have the all blue one which is the starter decks. I’ve been wanting to add this to my collection but very hard to find.

Yeah I’m not sure if I can do the full 102 set of the Unlimited lol

It’s a sealed case of the theme decks in unlimited. This case is from Graded Power and I am aware of one other sealed case in a private collection, they definitely exist but these are probably the rarest theme decks distributed because as you already know there was an Anime ban in Korea which cut production short.

Ah nice I see it now

www.gradedpower.com/catalog/pokemon_sealed_product-theme_decks/base_set_unlimited_korean_theme__precon_deck_box_sealed/294866

75K is too steep of a price for now haha

Lol completing it might be a life long journey.

These have been popping up the past 6 months, www.ebay.com/itm/new-sealed-Korean-1999-Pokemon-TCG-Red-Logo-Unlimited-Starter-1st-Deck-base-set-/265124448821 I grabbed one when I first spotted it but since it was for my sealed deck collection, I cant confirm whats inside it. Photos Ive seen show the Trainer Video VHS that came with the base2 deluxe set (Korean version though) and a base starter deck that may have quite a few unlimited korean cards but I’m not sure about the official card list on it.

I was lucky enough to pick up two cases plus a few extra decks a while back from a store in South Korea, still not game enough to open for the Gyarados lol!

12 Likes

@shizzlemetimbers, Those look so clean! Newly added onto the want list, I have so many decks to chase down now.

1 Like

Hey everyone! This is not my collection, but I though I’d share this photo of what the inside of one of the Korean Theme Deck boxes looks like.

3 Likes

I’ve had the Base set deck (Korean) sitting on my shelf for a while now and haven’t seen too many pop up, Would have loved to grab one of each but that time has probably come and gone.

1 Like

Im out hunting for a Korean Unlimited Vulpix found in the Brushfire theme deck. Man oh man. Yall had luck anywhere. Or do i need 75k basically haha